Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Question about changing conditions and charts???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 12:51 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: Question about changing conditions and charts???

GSeven BR2

Best Rangefinder at the LRH Store

I used mine all last hunting season. Love it.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Gold Member

Here's what everyone needs!

A little flip plate back on one side of the stock where the OBC aka On Board Computer is stored, punch on, and automatically the OBC detects the location, altitude, temp, DA, and all the other krap, lights blink, and a sexy voice comes on and announces, Mr Dickhead....your THINGAMAJIG XLRK2BX aiming device has been automatically calculated for 1499 yards so please fire your shot within the next 30 seconds!!

Yes sir...I'm quite certain it will eventually evolve!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulhern View Post
Here's what everyone needs!

A little flip plate back on one side of the stock where the OBC aka On Board Computer is stored, punch on, and automatically the OBC detects the location, altitude, temp, DA, and all the other krap, lights blink, and a sexy voice comes on and announces, Mr Dickhead....your THINGAMAJIG XLRK2BX aiming device has been automatically calculated for 1499 yards so please fire your shot within the next 30 seconds!!

Yes sir...I'm quite certain it will eventually evolve!!
hahaha And the thing will sell like hot cakes. haha But then what would all the companies do with nothing necessarily newer or better to sell??? Perhaps the same apparatus with a newer, sexier voice????
Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Gold Member

Closest thing I know of to that is the Burris laser scope, but from what I hear it is not a true long range tool yet.
I am amazed by what new technology allows us to do as marksmen. I am old enough, (but not TOO old) to remember when a 1 MOA hunting rifle was still considered something special. My first rangefinder was one of the 3' long WWII artillery range finders. You weren't going to strap that around your neck, but it was what we had, and it worked.
Like a lot of things though, you gotta remember the technology is just a tool. We still have to interpret the data, and squeeeeze the trigger.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 AM
PUBLISHER

Here is a 5 minute video on how the G7 BR2 rangefinder is always on top of changing atmospheric conditions.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBrad View Post
Closest thing I know of to that is the Burris laser scope, but from what I hear it is not a true long range tool yet.
I am amazed by what new technology allows us to do as marksmen. I am old enough, (but not TOO old) to remember when a 1 MOA hunting rifle was still considered something special. My first rangefinder was one of the 3' long WWII artillery range finders. You weren't going to strap that around your neck, but it was what we had, and it worked.
Like a lot of things though, you gotta remember the technology is just a tool. We still have to interpret the data, and squeeeeze the trigger.

Thanks for the video Len!

CO, I would have to agree with you. Technology has afforded us all a lot of things, but there will always be the element of human error, and also equipment error. The one thing with equipment is it is almost always accurate, like 99.999999999999999% of the time, but every once in a while something doesn't match up. That's just part of the game I guess.