Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Quality level at reasonable price?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Silver Member

Quality level at reasonable price?

Hey fellas, I have learned the leson of how important it is that your cross hairs be level when your shooting at distance. With this in mind could yal recommend a quality/affordable level for my rifle that would fit on my picatiny rail as now that I have my scope set I have no desire to change out rings for a ring mounted level. Thank's, Brad
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Quality level at reasonable price?

I have the vortex, scope mounted level, i think we got it for $30-$40.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Define reasonable price Usually quality & cost rise in direct relation to one another.

I've used & still have a Holland & have now moved on to the FlatLine Ops setup. Both mount to the scope tube, with the Holland, I had to remove the scope. With the FlatLine I did not.

You can also add an ACI/ADI if you want in the future.

t

Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Silver Member

What style or mounting position do yal like and why? Brad
Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Gold Member

I've used several different ones, all with good success. I am currently using one called Scopelevel that has been on a 22-250 for 10 years anyway. Inexpensive and it works great. Probably wouldn't be too hard to break it though.
The other I am using is a Flat Line Ops unit that is mounted on a picatinny rail. The both work just as well.
I had a Holland for a while and really liked the looks of that one, but sold the rifle before getting a chance to use it.

I have a Badger Ordnance ACI with picatinny mounting bracket for sale. It was mounted, but never left the house. If you're shooting far enough to need a level, you will need to account for angle as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Platinum Member

I also have the Holland and Flatline levels. Both work well, are rugged and accurate, with the Holland being a more simple design and lower price.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 11-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

One thing I will add.

The FlatLine OPS level was WAY easier to set than my holland. With the set screws under the level for both the neutral & extended positions, it was a BREEZE to set. Literally half the time to setup than my holland.

Yup, it's a more expensive unit, but it's a better unit as well.