Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Q

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Q

[ 03-13-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]
Old 02-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Q

Boyd

I picked up a copy from Butch (worn out Butch from the looks of him) yesterday, (13 Feb 2004) my wife and I watched it last evening. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it as did my wife.

Quick review:

Good:

Showed shooting in winds and that there are misses some times.

Explained some of the "errors" that lead to the missed shots.

On-Screen description of the rifle(s).

Bobby Hart showed and explained some cleaning tips and methods.

Needs work IMHO:

During Bobby Hart's tip on determining barrel twist he mentions bullet/projectile weight as the (apparent most significant) indicator for barrel twist. I've long been under the belief that it's the bullet/projectile length that is the determinant. This is a nit with me but bullet weight and length are not necessarily directly related. A slow(er) twist may stabilize a flat based round nose bullet of a given weight and not stabilize a long ogive boattail bullet of the same weight. (I call these little differences "near truths" but I believe Bobby should have mentioned the "more technically correct IMHO" determinant.)

Major reasons I bought the movie.

Watch the progression of the Point Blank from Longe Range endeavor.

To see what Butch does at the end of this particular movie.

I believe this is a good movie and the series shows the progression of the "PBfLR project". I thinks most folks would benefit from watching it and I'll certainly show it to my friends. It's a welcome addition to my hunting and shooting video collection.

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]
Old 02-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member

So Dave,what you are saying is the only parts you did'nt like are the parts with Bobby in them??? ..

[ 03-11-2004: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]
Old 02-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Platinum Member

LMAO

I didn't SAY that, you did!!

Seriously though, Bobby put out some good info and tips. Some tips were a little difficult to glean from the words spoken but all-in-all he offered good info. P. S. tell him he needs a comb or a different barber [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(I'm still trying to figure out how a shooter can get more "stuff" in a single LOT number by teaming up and purchasing with another shooter. Seems like if I buy 1000 bullets of one LOT and another fella buys 1000 bullets in the same or a different LOT, I'm still buying 1000 bullets. It's only the UPS man that's pleased as he only needs to stop at one house and not two.)

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]
Old 02-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

soooooooo,..are you guys finally gonna take some long shots in this one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll be in touch for a copy,..the booth was overrun when I tried to get in and introduce myself to 338-378. Tell him the guy who kept looking at him was me,..and I said "hi,..I'm JustC"

BTW,...it was nice to meet you at the show,...we'll get together and shoot.

Dave King,...I JUST missed you at Ric's booth. Maybe next year?
Old 02-15-2004, 09:43 PM
Bronze Member

Boyd, I take it you and Boddy don't play well together? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Bronze Member

I picked up the new video myself at the sportsman show. I fast forwarded throught the first time just to see the shots, now I get to watch again to listen to all the tips, and how toos. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] This and the last point blank video where wearth every cent. Keep up the good work and if I may, I think the point blank team should be in series. (big game,small game, reloading, snipers? coverage of williams port? and just good old hunted movies. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]