Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Projecting a waypoint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 07:41 AM

Projecting a waypoint

My Garmin Etrex Vista cx used with a rangefinder allows me to project the exact location of the kill over there on the other ridge, and guides me to it!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Projecting a waypoint

Starting threads when you have been smoking too much of the dried leaves from your indoor basement garden results in JWP coming to see you.

Telling my son to climb down from the ridge line and go over to the other ridge and drag the deer two miles to the road leaves me free to walk back to camp and have a beer and a Snickers bar and still have time to drive the truck around to the next valley. Its just a whole lot easier than your method. If you ever get straight, you should go and find a nice girl and have a son or two. My only mistake was to only have one. A person really ought to have two or three each about 5 years a part so you would always have a deer retriever handy. Of course, they cost a little more than a Garmin Etrex to bring home from the hospital and the dam car insurance is really steep plus the eat more than they are worht.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

I smell Spam.

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

im 73 years old. my father has been dead for almost 50 years. one of my biggest regrets is that i allowed him to make jokes about me, in order to get a laugh. yet few were more sensitive about their own feelings than he was. not a good legacy.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member

Sometimes they need some supervision.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member

It has been brought to my attention, that my humor was not appreciated.

It is unclear if it is actually better to delete my posts or to just leave them. If I make a mistake I am not real happy about it; but, I can usually find enough backbone to apologize.

So, to Gerry, my apologies to you and I hope you will post a few pictures of your rifles and some hunts you have been on. If you go down to the section on Nature Photography it should be clear that I was just in a humorous mood yesterday afternoon and I am sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.

Jim
Old 12-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Silver Member

Well, I thought that was pretty funny. My friend, and fellow drift boat owner, wanted to bring his son fishing with us. I said "I didn't think Jake liked to fish", he laughed, and said "Jake isn't going to fish, he's going to row us down the river." That worked out like a charm, since we could fish all day without having to swap time on the rowers seat, and all we had to endure was a little spinning now and then.