Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pro-Shot’s Copper Solvent IV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Gold Member

Pro-Shot’s Copper Solvent IV

Has any one tried this stuff? I have been using butches bore shine and really liked it. I cleaned my 338 edge last night to were i was happy with it when My neighbor came by and told me to try this stuff he bet my barrel was not clean. I told him that there was no copper coming out of it after i cleaned it. But i went on and tried it i ran one soaked swab throw the barrel and let it set about 8-10 min. I then ran a good tight WHITE patch throw it and it came out looking like it was a piece of blue jean!!!!!!! I could not believe what i saw!!! BBS had left a lot of copper in there. so i had to check this stuff out on the net and this is what i found on there sight.

Pro-Shot’s Copper Solvent IV is a Superior New Generation Formula that is made specifically for copper and powder fouling, while providing rust protection for your barrel. ■ Our Next Generation Formula has been developed and tested extensively to assure it’s even superior over our last famous copper solvent. How it works fast & effectively to clean your barrel: ■ Our symthetic formula uses positively charged ions activated additives that have a special affinity for copper and its oxides. The positively charged ions search out the negatively charged copper and copper oxide molecules. They bond and release the copper from the surface of the bore to provide a superior clean surface without copper and powder fouling! ■ Copper Solvent IV is a highly effective way to clean a barrel without the harsh and toxic chemicals used in traditional bore cleaners. ■ Our new innovative formula is a smarter, healthier, and environmentally safer way to clean than the old brute force method of throwing harsh chemicals at copper fouling. No offensive odor. Improved Accuracy! ■ A non-fouled barrel can give you improved accuracy. Our NEW GENERATION FORMULA can give you a totally fouling free barrel!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Pro-Shot’s Copper Solvent IV

Very interesting.

Thanks to your neighbor!

Hmmm, no ammonia? That would be a plus.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

i'm going to try it again tomorrow on my other edge just to see if it works the same on another rifle. i'll let you know
Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff 300 View Post
i'm going to try it again tomorrow on my other edge just to see if it works the same on another rifle. i'll let you know
"on my other edge!"

Whatchew shootin' with, a two edged sword?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Gold Member

can't have to many!!!! I had one built by Kirby and i put one together on a savage action
Old 10-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff 300 View Post
■ Our symthetic formula uses positively charged ions activated additives that have a special affinity for copper and its oxides. The positively charged ions search out the negatively charged copper and copper oxide molecules. They bond and release the copper from the surface of the bore to provide a superior clean surface without copper and powder fouling!
Sounds like osmosis!

Ever tried Bore Tech Eliminator or Bore Tech Cu+2? The Cu+2 is a bit better at copper removal than the Eliminator. But they both work very well. I suspect Bore Tech uses osmosis also... and a little bit of quantum physics too...
Old 10-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Gold Member

I have found Butch's to be good on carbon but not that great for copper. I have a factory Remington barrel that shoots well clean but is very porous and fouls enough to start losing accuracy after about 20 rounds. I use foam to loosen stuff up, then Butches to clean the carbon off the surface. Then I plug the bore and fill it with Barnes Copper Solvent, and that stuff comes out very blue. If I just use the Butch's, I don't get the copper because the accuracy goes again after half as many rounds.