Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Precision stock works???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: Precision stock works???

Is the comb high enough to get a good cheek weld? That was one of the things I was looking for, that I thought would be much better with the PSW, opposed to the A-3.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

It is for me but I mount my scopes low anyhow. I hate having the scope any higher than is needed for clearance between it and the bell.

You can as an option though have it made with an adjustable cheek riser I believe or add one like you can do with any of the McMillans.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Silver Member

Thanks again for the replies. As far as the grip goes, are the ergonomics as far as hand position similar to the A-3 style pistol grip? It appears from the pictures of the stock that the hand positioning would be close, but I have never had a chance to see one of these stocks in person. Sorry for all the questions, I just am about to commit to this stock and don't want to be disappointed.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member

The hand just slides in, one of the benefits of the stock is the grip area is slightly contoured to fit your hand, that's a big part of the design, a competitor uses the thumbhole, that is not as custom feeling as the way this one is made.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

I've used three of them and been impressed, good cheek weld with Nightforce 3.5-15 and 5.5-22 with 50 mil objectives. VERY good stock for an over all multi position rifle, it's good on a bipod of the ground also but there will be a range that it's a little more difficult to shoot than say a A-5.

I'd use them on everything I build shy of a dedicated ELR rifle!!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 12-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Silver Member

Thanks bigngreen! I'm planning on using the stock on a 6.5x284, so it should be perfect. I have spoke with the guys at PSW and they have been awesome to work with. I just wanted some firsthand knowledge from people that have used the stock before I "pull the trigger." I 'm really excited for this build. It should be a killin' machine for sure!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

Well, I went a head and ordered this stock two weeks ago. I'm having it shipped straight to my smith (Nathan Dagley) to put my rifle together. Details to come...