Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Precision stock works???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Silver Member

Precision stock works???

I am currently in the middle of putting together my custom 6.5x284 and it is time to order my stock. I'm really interested in the Precision Stock Works stock. Does anybody have any first hand experience with this stock? I have always ran A-3's on my customs, but I'm looking for more of a well rounded hunting stock for this build. I am aware that these stocks are made by mcmillian, so they should be very high quality. This rifle will be used for long range deer,sheep, mt. Goats, and antelope. Please help me decide.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Silver Member

Re: Precision stock works???

My Dakota 97 wears a precision. I have been happy with it. Comparing it to my HS Precision I would say the fit and finish are a tad better. If I were building I wouldn't hesitate to use one.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Silver Member

How does it perform from various shooting positions? Thanks for your help.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Platinum Member

Great stock, great people to deal with. I've got one on order now and will probably place another this month.

I got the chance to try one and loved it and dealing with those guys is like doing business with your best friend in a small town.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Silver Member

Although I carried it for a week of deer hunting I have only shot it off a bench. I added a Triad Tactical stock pack to raise the comb up for use with the 30 mm scope. The stock pack should allow me to shoot prone without issue. I just shot a .272 group with it so for what is worth the gun shoots. Stock has a little to do with that.....
Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the help gentleman.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

I like mine too, McMillan quality great design. I like shooting it offhand too. It just sets in the shoulder and grip nice. Very satisfied. It would be nice if they added an adjustable cheekpiece in the future.