Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Praise and Thanks to Chase Curtis!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Silver Member

Praise and Thanks to Chase Curtis!!!!

Back in October, I bought a custom 338 edge from Chase Curtis here on the classifieds. I recently took it to Grit at Deadly Precision Gunsmithing to put on a Wyatt's mag box. He noticed that the recoil lug was a factory one, and that it was not ideal for an Edge. When he spun the barrel off, this is what he saw....Praise and Thanks to Chase Curtis!!!!-image.jpg
Needless to say, whoever the guy was who cut this tenon didn't exactly do a 'professional' job. I contacted Chase, and even though it had been 5 months since the sale, he graciously offered to pay for a new barrel, and the labor to thread and chamber it! Grit is going to send the old barrel back to Chase so he can have what I'm sure will be a very pointed discussion with the builder!
We all tend to complain loudly when something goes wrong, myself included. But I figure that I should be praising loudly when someone goes above and beyond! Chase couldn't possibly have known about the thread tenon, and even though I bought it with the understanding of it being as-is, he still went out of his way to fix it.

BIG THANKS TO CHASE CURTIS!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Praise and Thanks to Chase Curtis!!!!

Good to read. Thanks for posting. This speaks very loudly about the kind of man Chase is and what he stands for.

Jeff
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Platinum Member

Good for him. Fewer and fewer would step up like that today. Did not have to but did. I know a few like that.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 04-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Silver Member

Well I don't know this Chase character, but based on this action alone I'd say he is a stand up guy...and I know Grit is so your in good company on this one .

Hats off to you Chase
Old 04-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Gold Member

I don't know Chase either, but he is definitely the type of guy you would like to meet. Exactly the type of guy that all should strive to be like.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Blacksheep,

Im glad it all worked out! I am sure your new edge from Grit will be a shooter... I have just always believed in treating people how you would want to be treated.. In business or friends.. All the same.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 AM
Gold Member

I have no idea who you are, but you have my respect Mr. Curtis.
I have had bad experiences with two custom rifles, one I ordered and one I bought used but said to be in almost new condition. These both fell far short of what was represented, and the sellers refused to make right on them. It is refreshing to hear of integrity in a long distance transaction.