Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

prairie dogs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member

Re: prairie dogs

Well eventualy when I get my boat back in respectable fishing condition I plan to try to bribe some of you fells into maybe swaping one of your big western white tails for some big yellow fins off the coast of Louisiana.

I can understand what MachV is saying , but maybe this fela is just trying to find sombody to go and shoot with rather than make a spot for himself .
Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member

Just reread my post,it come out a lot sharper than I intended.Trueth be known nothing is more fun than takeing a rookie doggin.
What I should have said is welcome to the board R.Barker,how exactly can we help you?
I doubt your gona find a lot of good doggin within 200miles of Jackson hole,never ben to Jackson hole so I might be wrong but seams to me if you did find some dogs they would be whitetail prairie dogs(a lot tuffer shootin than the blacktails of eastern Wy).
Got some good dialog goin though.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:11 AM

thanks for the advise guys.I did'nt mean to cause any trouble.i dont mind paying my fair share,just wont line someones pocket for a little info.not new to hunting dogs,been going to nothern Montana.looking for shooting closer to home
Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Silver Member

R Baker,
You didn't start any trouble at all. Please except my apologies for not welcoming you to this site also. Anyways, welcome and I know that Mach V didn't mean anything negative. That's what is so good about this site, people usually just talk out there problems and don't get all emotional about everything. Also, I don't know very much about the West other than it is beautiful, but from the looks of your profile, you already new that.
Brandon
Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Silver Member

Mach V

I'm looking for a "TOP NOTCH GUIDE" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
A shooting partner. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
And "I'LL BUY LUNCH" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously next spring(season) I'd like to hook up with ya and watch ya shoot your 50's, and stretch out my new Wolf I've been busy at work and haven't even worked up a load yet. I'll be working on a load this winter and will be ready for spring.

Let me know if you have time, cost etc.
CAM
Old 09-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Cam
Best I can do is 1/2 a$$ed guide.
Darn good spotter.
I dont eat as much as I used too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Traded the 50BMG for a 6.5-284 and some cash(doctor was planning his retirement with my shoulder if I didnt)
Still have the 375/50BMG(MachV)and rumor has it Sierra is comeing out with a long range bullet for it.The 308Baer was looking promising.
As far as next spring(I should be healed by then)I'd be honored to go shootin with ya,give me a hallar.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

Mach V
We might actually get along!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Pro's
Both to dumb to get out of the WELDING buisness
Both scary ugly bearded, big long range gun lovers.
Both like the best equipment and smiths!!

Keep in touch we'll make it happen next spring!

Hows the oilfield treatin ya? you run a rig or singlehand?
becareful history repeats itself and when the bottom falls out be ready. but for now enjoy the boom and make some $$$$.

CAM