Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

prairie dogs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 10:14 PM

prairie dogs

some help please,locating pririe dog hunting within 200 miles of Jackson hole,Wyoming
Old 09-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: prairie dogs

I would like to know too. I am wanting to plan a PDOG trip for May 2007, and I would like to go to Wyoming or Colorado. I have heard about the Rockin 7 ranch, it looks nice, I believe this Ranch is located in Wyoming.

Wildcat

Wildcat
Old 09-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Platinum Member

You looking for a 1st rate guide,a shootin partner or a free lunch?
Old 09-09-2006, 07:33 PM

Mach V just looking for contacts to line up a hunt,what were you implying by free lunch
Old 09-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

Let me put it in a different way.
Are you looking for a guide to take you right to the dogtown?
Are you willing to split expences and or trade hunting info for a good place to shoot?
Are you hopeing someone will give up a honeyhole,for nothing?
Nothing personal,by free lunch I ment that most of us have a lot of time and $ invsted in good dog towns to be giveing them away.Between poison,plague,leases and a lot of competition its getting real hard to keep a good town.
I could give you the locations of a bunch of shot up towns but what good would that do ya?
In other words whats in it for me?
Old 09-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Silver Member

Whoa man,
I think he would pretty much split the difference. Seems like the guy wants a place to hunt and a hunting partner. It's not everyday that you run into people with our sort of interest. I tell you that if anyone on this site that was in South Arkansas and wanted to hunt whitetails I would talk with them for a while, feel them out, and if we had the same interest and the person had a good personality, I would put them on some good whitetails on our 3,000 acres. It just seemed a little aggressive on the "free lunch deal". Mach V the same goes for you and the invitation. Maybe I'm too nice of a guy, I just don't know, but it's all about finding people with the same interest. I don't want to sound like I am trying to start something, but this is just a way to meet people that like to shoot animals a long ways, and make some damn good friends.
Talk at you guys later,
Brandon
Old 09-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Silver Member

RBaker,
When I was intersted in going to KS a few years ago I started by contacting their Department of Wildlife and Parks. They told me that most P'dogs in KS were in the west part of the state and on private land. They suggested getting in touch of the USDA county extension officers of some of the western counties and ask if they knew of farmers with an abundance of vermin that might be open to inviting hunters in. I wrote a few letter, one got an answer giving me four names. Two phone calls later I had an invite. When we got there he was busy and didn't join us much but he did take us out on a dove shoot too. He also took us to a friends farm that was a "target rich envronment". We took the farmer to town everyday for lunch and gave him a $100 each for his trouble. He was happy for the company and invited us back. We took him up on the invite and had a second great time.

Maybe this would work for you in WY too.