Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Powered ear muffs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Powered ear muffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako7STW View Post
When are you expecting these in? Look pretty good for the price I think. Very curious to see how you like them.
Ordered them last Sunday and received them with free shipping yesterday Wednesday (3 days). Tried them in the house and could tell which direction the sound was coming from. Haven't gone shooting with them yet.

joseph
Old 03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Silver Member

I think Pro ear golds have a five year Warranty and faster cycle time. Plus i think you can trade them back in if you want a new set. I am a rangemaster at shoot so i need to hear and i know they really work. Matt
Old 03-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Gold Member

i have the same pro ears set as mentioned before. i really enjoy them, and like the others mentioned, they are perfect for the long range game because you can hear your spotter without him or her having to yell.

the only time i have found that they dont work superbly is when the wind is blowing hard. at that point i turn them off and use them like i would a regular set of muffs.

i believe these have 26db rating (going from memory here) but it seems like they had a better rating than most of the others. i have had two sets of these for approx 10 years now, and use them for waterfowl hunting, pistol comp, and everythign in between.

i have not used in any of the other more expensive brands but, they are probably a good product as well. i have used a few of the cheaper electronic muffs. (cabelas brand) and they worked but, you could hear the snap, then you could hear it shut off the noise (if that makes sense?) on the pro ears, it shuts the noise off before you ever hear it.

also, last year while dear hunting, my dad was picking up a radio station from his cabelas version!