Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Powered ear muffs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 AM
Silver Member

Powered ear muffs?

I have been thinking about getting me a pair for some time now. I have only about 50% of my hearing now and i want to keep what I have. This also means it is very hard at times for me to hear elk calls and such. I would really like a boost in my hearing ability and protect them at the same time. Has anyone used like say the Walkers power muff quads? Or something similar to that? I would also like to know if anyone happens to know if any of these have a input jack to be able to plug in a 2-way radio like a Motorola or Midland so you can hear your radio calls?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Powered ear muffs?

I just ordered these. I'm only going by the reviews and price. Hope they work well. Scroll down and read the product description. I think you can plug in your other sound devices.

Amazon.com: Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff: Home Improvement

joseph

Len Bacus might sell them here in the gear shop.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:07 AM

Yes I use them and think they are great. I can now hear my spotters wind and distance calls very easy. The only time I don't like them is when I'm wearing a hood as it makes them squeal. They are "Impact sport" brand and they provide an input jack. Great value too on E-bay.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 AM

I have been using a set of Walkers Quad muffs for several years now. I would recommend a set to anyone. Been using mine at the range and in the treestand. Comfortable on the head and ears, and you can hear directional in them in the field. Your ears to get a little sweaty in them in them after a hours in the treestand. I just pull them off the ears for a bit, but just remember to pull them back down. I forgot once, not good.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Silver Member

I have a set of Predator Pro Ear Gold. They have a slimmer profile, so they have less interference on your gun stock. They have the quickest response time on the market. I now here things i could never hear without them. They also have a jack to plug in things. Matt
Old 03-24-2011, 12:00 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
I just ordered these. I'm only going by the reviews and price. Hope they work well. Scroll down and read the product description. I think you can plug in your other sound devices.

Amazon.com: Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff: Home Improvement

joseph

Len Bacus might sell them here in the gear shop.

When are you expecting these in? Look pretty good for the price I think. Very curious to see how you like them.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Gold Member

I've also looked at getting a pair of these electronic muffs but I notice there is a very large price span too. Is there much difference, other than price, between the $60 set and the $250 set? Most of the sets I've looked at were all 19db so what's the different in them for that extra $150???