Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Popped My Cherry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2002, 11:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Popped My Cherry

Nate

A question;
Have you tried the Match King on game and are you a Longrange hunter as this forum is titled?

I can assure you, Match Kings work far better then many "so called" hunting bullets and that's many years of experiance talking.

If you haven't tried the Match king on game, please don't knock them on this forum.

Many of us here have proved what they do to game. I have never lost a game animal to date while using the MK and thats after many kills on game the size of deer and elk.

My Longrange friends and I will continue to use them as long as Sierra makes them.

Contact Rich Markholtz (A friend of mine in Ballistics) at Sierra. He knows what we have done for many years with the Match Kings and will enlighten you. Tell him I asked you to call concerning Match Kings.

Darryl Cassel

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]
Old 01-23-2002, 10:21 AM
Bronze Member

The scope is mounted that high because Burris don't make their 30mm signature rings (weaver style) in anything lower. I have a cheek piece for that rifle but had removed it to shoot from the rest. I will be fixing this situation ASAP.

Peter Cronhelm
Old 01-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Bronze Member

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: cronhelm ]
Old 01-23-2002, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member

Just looked at the 400 yards doe picture, is that Denver in the background?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Next time I'm up that way I'll bring along a tree for ya.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Bronze Member

Dave,

Thanks, I'l let my buddy know, he just bought a tree stand.... I haven't got a clue what he expects to put it up on.

Looking at that picture, did anyone say "Long-Range Hunting?" We could maybe use artillery for the really long shots?

I had the chance at a shot at a herd of deer about a mile away, if I had any chance of connecting. Maybe Darryl C should take a trip up this way next fall?

Peter
Old 01-23-2002, 08:23 PM
Bronze Member

Cronhelm,
Where were you hunting those mulies? I ask this simply because there is no season for mule deer in Alberta after November 30th.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Bronze Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this was being done as a cull due to overpopulation and crop damage in that area.

The licence did not allow us to harvest any meat.

I saw over 50 deer that day and was told that herds of up to 200 have been known to inhabit the farm.

Peter