Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Please help the "greenie"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry, I meant 750yds. We only get 30 minutes at a time on the computers, and of course they wanted to shut the MWR down for cleaning half way through my post. That is one hell of a deer bullet. They are inexpensive, have good bc and great terminal performance. And...extremely accurate in my rifle! I always try to hit at least one shoulder to drop'em and have never had penetration problems. They open fast and have enough shank left to push the mushroom through. I am wanting to go Elk/Mule deer hunting next year when I get back to the states. I am taking the 7mag with this load....and the Edge of course.

PS- For those of you who support your troops, my company lost another soldier last week. Please say a prayer for the family and friends of Sgt Mike Chenoweth.
God Bless America?! He already has, most people just don't realize it!!!!!

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
Su who support your troops, my company lost another soldier last week. Please say a prayer for the family and friends of Sgt Mike Chenoweth.
God Bless America?! He already has, most people just don't realize it!!!!!
Done deal on the prayer.

pm me re: muley/elk ideas.

I'm Idaho's foremost tour guide/promoter.;)
Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Silver Member

+1 on the prayer's Bravo4, May God bless you and your brother's for your service and your sacrifice. Amen.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:48 PM

Went to Hawaii for a month and got home and couldn't find the thread. Thanks a $hitload (no pun) to all of the imput, WOW! I really am greatfull for all the help. Correction on the fps it was 2845 Bravo not 29 and my prayers are with Sgt Mike Chenoweth's family, Godspeed. ss7mm mighty nice of you to copy and paste the ballistics table with all my info. Where can I buy that software? Roy you make a good point on zeroing at 300 I dont seem to get many shots under 250 anyway. Spec do you know the coefficientcy of the 160 Accubond and does anyone know if the Hornady 154 IB is any good on Mule deer? My info shows it is just a touch faster out to 500 and it still has 6ft lbs more energy at 500 as well. Coefficientcy on th 162 sst is .55 and the 154 IB is .53 so I am not loosing much there and it seems to be flatter all the way out. Need ss7mm software to see if it falls on its face after that.

Thanks again for all the help.