Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pistol Grip Stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Silver Member

Pistol Grip Stocks

I am wondering why big named companies; such as Remington, Savage,Winchester ect. don't offer pistol grip stocks? I know some offer McMillian stocks on their guns, but why wouldn't they produce their own? I feel this style of stock if superior to the "traditional" stock. If they did, wouldn't it make some of the aftermarket boys be a little more competitive with their prices?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Pistol Grip Stocks

They offer thumb hole stocks which is a variation to the pistol grip. You are just stuck with wood. My guess is the cost of design and changing up tooling. It is easier to customize a customers rifle than trying to fit everybody's taste in a production model. My guess is that is why you only see them in tactical style rifles. "Jim Bob" from the backwoods would probably not feel comfortable shooting anything "Fancy" like a pistol grip and stick with what he knows to be tried and true styling and function. For the 5% that know the benefits of such a configuration can only appreciate it. Just my .02.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!

Last edited by liltank; 02-24-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
They offer thumb hole stocks which is a variation to the pistol grip. You are just stuck with would. My guess is the cost of design and changing up tooling. It is easier to customize a customers rifle than trying to fit everybody's taste in a production model. My guess is that is why you only see them in tactical style rifles. "Jim Bob" from the backwoods would probably not feel comfortable shooting anything "Fancy" like a pistol grip and stick with what he knows to be tried and true styling and function. For the 5% that know the benefits of such a configuration can only appreciate it. Just my .02.

Tank
Your post makes sense to me, but I don't like it. I dream about a day when the traditional type stock is the exception.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Gold Member

Armalite AR 30........Just what you want......and deadly accurate!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Silver Member

That would do the trick, now wouldn't it.