Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddc View Post
So.......now we have a bullet that was found in an elk.....and the OPEN hollow point is not full of meat or whatever? Oh bergers suck so bad the meat wont go in the hole? HMMMMM I wonder how the tip didnt fill with blood while laying there against the hide with MS. ELK skippin all over hither and yon.
I'm hesitant to respond, for fear that by doing so, I've given your posts even the slightest credibility. But tell us, did you ask bullridety if he cleaned the bullet up after it was recovered from the elk before accusing him of telling a tall tale?

If a 'clean' bullet is your basis for claiming liar liar pants on fire, I've heard enough.

Every bullet I've recovered from game has been thoroughly cleaned up before it went into my collection, for long-term storage.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddc View Post
I'm not callin anyone a liar
You certainly fooled me. Excuse my misunderstanding?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
I'm hesitant to respond, for fear that by doing so, I've given your posts even the slightest credibility. But tell us, did you ask bullridety if he cleaned the bullet up after it was recovered from the elk before accusing him of telling a tall tale?

If a 'clean' bullet is your basis for claiming liar liar pants on fire, I've heard enough.

Every bullet I've recovered from game has been thoroughly cleaned up before it went into my collection, for long-term storage.
He stuck a paper clip in it to check if it was closed shut. Im a guessin he didnt surgically clean the inside of the hollow point before that since he didnt know if the tip was closed till later. Im not callin anyone a liar but when 2+2=5 there must be some explanation.
This thread starts up every year because it is always something other than the trigger mans fault.
I have seen a lot of game croak over the years and Ive never had to gripe about losing animals from bullet failure. edit shootin???? Different matter.

Last edited by Len Backus; 12-13-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
You certainly fooled me. Excuse my misunderstanding?
Sorry but Ive spent most of my adult life in jobs that detecting BS is vital. When 2+2=(any # other than 4) there is an issue, either someone is fulla it or mistaken or inexperienced.
Looks like a duck, quacks etc
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
Here "hold my beer. I need to get some popcorn."
Got a feeling this is gonna get interesting now.
Yeah, thats what i was thinking-----this is better than TV.
Well, actually anything is better than TV..............

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-13-2012, 11:57 AM
PUBLISHER

Guys, I don't want to lock this thread down.

Keep the discussion civil and respectful.

Last edited by Len Backus; 12-13-2012 at 02:31 PM.