Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntwhities View Post
I gave him a fair honest chance what else do you want. Just keep my mouth shut, and lay in the corner like the other dogs that dont get a email.
Try keeping in mind that they have literally thousands of customers buying a million plus bullets per year.

Eric was kind enough to take the time to address this thread personally and publicly rather than keep it quiet and handle it through email or PM.

Like I said, if you aren't happy with their product there are great alternatives out there to avail yourself of.

Trashing good people on this forum however won't get the results you are hoping for.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Bowhuntwhites, ill second the" post the videos" id like to see aswell.
I will 3rd this. I too would like to see the videos. Then we all can see what you are referring to and decide for ourselves.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member

At first I thought maybe there is a problem that could be resolved and could help. Even though I have never had an issue with over 100 kills I was open minded. But you guys talking trash has discredited your own stories. This is why I want to see for myself. I am still willing to believe you, but am asking to see your proof. Not just a couple bullets that are tarnished and look like they were dug out of a dirt bank after they laid there long enough to corrode. Many of us that have had great success with Bergers and have posted pics of the animals, wound channels, destroyed vitals etc. So why would you not want to support your experiences with your video's ?

In addition, the only reason I am still posting on this thread is to help if there is a problem. If all the data is shown maybe it can help a future hunter or save an animal from a slow death.

Jeff
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Silver Member

Just like was said about president Obama about his birth certificate , lets see the vids and put this to rest .

Not doubting there is enought people on this forum that video kill shots . If you are able to post I would so people could make up there own mind . Some people would still not believe but I would just for my own peace of mind . Just my .02 not that you need any more but just my opinion . I always keep an open mind till all facts are in .
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Silver Member

I havn't shot a lot of annimals with Bergers yet but the ones I have definately had huge amounts of internal/external damage, as in the internals were turned into externals. Having said that a cow elk I shot this spring with a 300 grn OTM had a fist sized hole blown out the off side and walked off, and took 3 more rounds from a 338 win mag without even flinching before she finnaly fell over. If you shoot enough annimals you will come across ones that just don't know that they are dead and don't play by the rules. I too would like to see the video of these annimals you say you have. Don't see what the big deal is when your so adamant that you have this proof. As far as the trash talking goes, it most definately isn't helping your credibility or case. As stated by Wildrose if your not happy try something else, nobody is forcing you to use Bergers and there are many other alternatives out there. Am I making excuses for him not getting back to you when he said he would, no, defiantely not good customer service but he is in charge of running a fairly large company and may have had other things to deal with at the time
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member

Time for a sedative? Holy moly... How many other manufacturers' representatives do you find engaging the hunting community on an open forum, where they expose themselves to the risk of forum members getting out-of-hand - going overboard?

I've followed this Thread pretty closely, and I'm not seeing undue fault or failure in Berger's customer relations effort. When you place deadlines and demands on others, realize those are your deadlines and demands, and they may not fit into the work day, work week, or work month of others.

While reading this thread, I understood Eric to take interest in a potential cause for some reported instances where the VLDs haven't expanded on game. Never read where Eric dismissed the credibility of these reported incidents. He expressed the interest in improving their bullets for their customers, and trying to maximize customer satisfaction. He's already taking measures to test some closed-tip bullets. If the closed tip bullets don't expand reliably, I'd like to know. And now I may, following Berger's testing.

Again, how many other manufacturers take the chance of troubleshooting on a public forum? I'm not sure what more folks expect? I found myself impressed with the level of concern and effort displayed. Which is why I posted that I viewed Eric's effort, interaction, and communications to be very commendable. I don't understand the trashing.

The real value of this Forum is the expression of member experiences - experiences that aren't restrained due to employee/employer repercussions. Experiences reported from end users of products that don't really owe anyone anything. Which is why I expect to read of different experiences and read of differing conclusions. There will be differences of opinion and differences of perspective. Those can be expressed without lobbing accusations, ultimatums, and fatal blows into the communications.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

First post regarding all this. It's actually really simple----you use them or you don't. Period.
I'm certainly not in the league as "The Broz" as far as kills are concerned, but I've shot a fair amount of animals with various bullets. For me, the bergers performed just like they said they would and the barnes performed just like the company say they do---which I don't care for.
One of my personal philosophies is that if some company or service pisses me off, thats it, I'm done. I'll go somewhere else.
I would like to see the video AND, I'd actually like to see the birth certificate also.............But hey, thats just me.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen