Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Pics of Berger Bullets NOT Performing????

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
So what now is your bullet of choice? Have you made any other long range kills with bullets other than bergers and how did they perform? You can PM me if you'd like.
Maybe this will answer the your question?

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ybrids-103400/

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

I will keep my mouth shut and just say "interesting".

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntwhities View Post
I just ordered a 338 barrel and going screw this barrel off. I will be shooting the 285 lrx Barnes and the rest of my guns I will have to use berger simply because there is really nothing else. I will switch the rest to the Nosler Alr. Like I said I know problems can happen, but this dog and pony show in the publics eye crap ate on me. Eric said personally send me a email and he will take care of it. What a front to put on. I expected him to run me around saying what I did wrong and I was going to show him video footage of exact hunts I am talking about. I even mention this happening to other people that I know. He said might have slipped through the cracks. I am one of the ones that fell in the crack.
I was even going through the trouble to try and find some 215 hybrids to tryout, but was told 6-8 weeks.
bowhuntwhities, i will send you a pm in a bit here.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

Bowhuntwhites, ill second the" post the videos" id like to see aswell.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Silver Member

Ya i agree with bowhuntwhities on this one, as him (ERIC) not being able to reply to a direct email but can post a message that people world wide can see doesnt make any sense other than he does not want Berger bullets to have a bad reputation! Which it is great that he got involved on this forum, but i think the personal emails need to be taken care of as well! Or are we just supposed to post a new topic on this forum to get a response from Berger? I personally started this forum topic in the first place to try and figure out some issues with Berger bullets! I did NOT want success stories as i stated before i have plenty of success stories and have heard plenty of them, but i did want the truth to come out and hear some of the negatives! We all know that there could be a possible flaw in a company's product, but to happen more than a few times is unacceptable! And i hate when people on this forum treat you as you do not know anything about shooting or hunting. like stating my bullet isnt seated at the correct depth ect...REALLY??? you think that i am stupid? or are you just taking the company's side to help them out! Maybe you havent shot enough Berger bullets to recover a flaw yet! I think that Bowhuntwhities posted a pic of 87+ boxes of bullets (in one year) showing that he supported Berger and shoots alot more Berger bullets than the average Joe! BUT on the other hand he expects to get superior customer service back! and after calling the techline and asking for them to email Eric direct (Which he did and did not get a response back) is b.s. And i dont think Bowhuntwhities is trying to get something from the company he is stating the results on how the bullets performed! He also is just wanting honest results! It will be interesting to hear the results of the bullets that Eric pulled off the shelf and set aside. I just dont get how people can get so defensive and automatically blame it on the shooter! I too shoot a pile of Berger bullets, and i know for a fact that we are not to blame for Bergers faulty product. Eric himself stated he found at least 10 bullets that were full enclosed. Phorwath, i believe it was, stated out of 450 bullets he found 7 that were defective before he even loaded them! We want and expect superior customer service if we spend our dollar on whats suppose to be the best product on the market! I film alot, but not all of my hunts as well! I will try out the new Nosler's and see how they perform long range! I guess it cant get much worse, might as well try something new!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntwhities View Post
I posted it because everyone has the opinion that it can't be and you have to be doing something wrong. And that you have to prove you know something other wise you are a dumb idiot. I stated why eric could not get back to me, he is to busy covering up the forum talk that didnt happen. Before long people start thinking maybe it was something I did wrong. I am strong minded and will state without a doubt what I seen happen this year with my bergers.
It is really funny the ones that get on certain forums. They do it just to keep on staying in the pocekts of these big companies to try and get a freebie. I feel that some people would be scared to death to tell their wife if the lost a animal just because they love berger so much. Just so sick and tired of how great eric is do and handeling things. This is the same guy that said there are not problems so look else where to maybe there could be. Or is he the guy that states we are going to have something available but cannot produce it with in any reasonable amount of time after coming out with it. I dont justify anything he is doing for how this forum went. Point fingers so you dont have to deal with it.

I will get you a T shirt.

BERGER
I shoot more and bring home less.
I'm not personally sold on using the Berger's for hunting other than shooting at varmints but I see no need to trash the company or Eric. They are doing what they can to produce great LR bullets and working very hard to improve their line of hunting VLD's.

If you aren't happy with them Shoot Accubonds, Sirocco's, or Interbonds, all of which come with proven hutning bullet technology and performance with High enough BC's to be very accurate at long range.

Give Eric and the rest of the Berger crew a brake though. They are doing all they can to produce a quality product and treat people right.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Silver Member

Ya that is interesting why the 215's are so much better than the 210's hmmm????