Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Picking your positions or "Hide"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2002, 06:17 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Re: Picking your positions or "Hide"

When I hunt back in PA. I am always the first one in the woods and the last one out! In areas where there are somtimes more peple than animals I let the so called " I have a rifle therefore I am a hunter " people do the work for me. You know they will be pushing the deer around all day long. So I use the energy of them to push the deer to me. Escape routes are great places to set up. Often times they are used every day during the gun seasons back east. Power line cuts are great areas to watch, and often you need to watch them from the next ridge over to see them. This was actually my start of the LRH game.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

WyoWhisper-whats the cost of an out of stater to hunt antelope and mulies? Always had to still hunt mulies, or just cover some country and glass a lot. Mulie's are not doing well in Washington. This is the only state where mulies and elk are decreasing in numbers.
Old 06-02-2002, 06:40 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Littletoes,

I don't have the info. right in front of me but I beleive that the Mulie or antelope liscense is $245 a piece. Our number are donw because of the drought but I have some areas where there are a few nice bucks that I have kinda shyed away from for the past 3 years. I do have their sheds so I'm pretty sure they are still a round !!