Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

PHSD - Post Hunting Season Disorder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: PHSD - Post Hunting Season Disorder

Boy talk about PHSD, I work hard all summer whenever I can, anytime I can to stretch my shooting capability to its limit. I apply for my tags on time to get drawn in the fist draw. I do everything I can to better my chances of making my shot. I finally get a chance to go out. I hour after beginning my hunt I get my deer. The elation of what you just did lasts about 4 days. Two of which you spent helping your shooting partner get his deer. Then the depression begins. The only thing that holds back the depression is shooting. The only thing that stops the shooting is when you burn out your barrel. Then the fun of getting a load worked up and getting your drops set up all over again begins which finally gets you out the the depression and up and going again.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member

Shawn I feel your pain. But, I have found somethings to help. I have been hunting my butt off chasing Mountain lions. Then yesterday we stopped to call in a yote. Plus I have a trappers license to go after a bobcat or 8 and I am preparng for spring bear season. Not to mention, my wolf tag still carried daily close to my heart.

I know some of this medicine is done from a close distance and is a short fix. But I have found the use of a bow or handgun makes it a bit more of a challenge.

Maybe you should come over here and join me for one of these. You know you are welcome to.

Jeff

Old 12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice Jeff!!! I apply the same remedies, bobcat set and coyote snares are going out while looking for wolves and calling. In our best lion areas the wolves have been around so we've been reluctant to let out till we find the wolves and dispose of them!! I just got the last deer put up form this season, now we've got about 500lbs of sausage meat to put up here in the next few weeks

Already scheming next years plans, we'll have a couple more long range shooters
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

Too funny, but very real for many of us!

I still have 'til the end of the year and am trying to get an anterless elk, but the area I can go is a fair drive and very restricted, so I'm a little concerned and am starting to exhibit some symptoms of PSHD even now! I can waterfowl hunt 'til February, but what about after THAT!!--7 months until September...might as well be eternity.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

I scouted and hunted harder this year than I ever have and diden't fill any tags so as any one would I have a pritty bad case of PHSD.

This is just what the Doc ordered.

Last edited by Nape.270; 12-05-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

I have it also and 20 days out in Nov. and saw 5 bucks, all small doesnt help.Still looking for a wolf
Old 12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member

Nice pictures, Shawn and Broz.