Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

PHSD - Post Hunting Season Disorder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Sponsor

PHSD - Post Hunting Season Disorder

Post Hunting Season Disorder (PHSD), here in Idaho rifle season (at least in my areas) is over and I morn its' passing. Even though the season was successful I still find the empty hollow feeling from lack of time in the field with friends and family. I know there is varmint hunting to do and this helps with PHSD but is not a cure just a temporary band-aid.

I believe in this day and age of "the world owes us" and "there is no way that could be my fault even though I did it", we could get PHSD recognised as an official illness / disorder. It is real and it exists, once it was recognised as an illness I'll bet I could find a doctor to write me a prescription for an overseas hunting trip to curb the PHSD effects for mental health issues. Yes honey, the doc says I need to go somewhere in the summer where a hunting season is open for a week or 2, like Africa. I can just see the insurance guys face when that one came through. Better yet it could degrade to such a case it became a disablilty and SSI could foot the bill (if a drug addict can get SSI for his/her disability where they tell them here is more money for drugs and don't get a job I should have no problem). Maybe I'll start a support group and apply for a grant to study the effects of PHSD this of course would require exploring and possible cures. A guy might have to go to New Zealand to see if the effects on the other side a of the world are the same or if living in a country where there is a constant big game season helps, this research should only take 5 or 6 months. I am sure some research to find out if over saturation would cure PHSD would be in order, like going to Scotland where there are guys shooting 300-400 red deer a year to curb the current over population (like we would ever have that problem here). I am sure there are other potential cures to be explored, like does getting a Grand Slam put PHSD in remission? Does putting in for tags in all 50 states and drawing more than you could possible hunt help curb PHSD effects? Would purchasing a new long range rifle in the winter help get a guy along until next fall? Ah the list goes on.

Well since it is clear that my PHSD policies won't make much headway with the current administration I guess I'll have to do like everyone else, keep working to support those on welfare, hug my kids, kiss my wife and count down to opening day 2012.

My name is Shawn Carlock and I have long range hunting problem.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 12-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Gold Member

Re: PHSD - Post Hunting Season Disorder

I have PHSD as well.

My name is Jonathan Trivette and i have a long range hunting problem.
Its been 12 days since my last long range hunt
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock View Post
It is real and it exists, once it was recognised as an illness I'll bet I could find a doctor to write me a prescription for an overseas hunting trip to curb the PHSD effects for mental health issues.
No problem.
You'll just have to take me along as your medical supervisor.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:48 AM
PUBLISHER

Too funny --- and sad at the same time.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Silver Member

God gave us hogs in TX to prevent this very problem.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

If I was CEO of that insurance company I'd take one of 2 routes: Plan one is, no absolutely not, but to be fair knowing they paid someone $150 an hour (many hours) to listen to my ex whine about her parents, I'll spring for 2 wolf tags (copay waived) to keep you busy until March 31. Second plan, if I leave work one day and check my trunk to find a brand new Defensive Edge long range rifle in it (specs to follow) your chances look good enough to start shopping them short pants they're so fond of in Africa.

Last edited by HARPERC; 12-05-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Bronze Member

I'm really happy someone finally diagnosed the problems I have every year.
SALUTE