Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pending 600 yard world record.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Re: Pending 600 yard world record.

Congratulations Rodney,aka eggman. Rodney is almost always in the winner circle so this record comes as no great surprise.
Someone posted earlier about high tech equipment...Rodney does his own barrel work on an old nearly worn out Southbend heavy 10L. Mike Davis and Jerry Sharrett taught him the process.

Helluva group and a 50 score!

Well done Rodney

Mike
Old 05-15-2013, 10:07 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words and I would have jumped in sooner but I've been kinda overwhelmed from all the attention from breaking this record (pending) . It means a lot to me coming from you guys though .
All I can say is that everything came together for just a moment in time to make this group possible. I had a Brux barrel that was showing real promise, a match proven lot of Berger 108 BT bullets and had developed a load using Varget and CCI 450 primers that I thought would be good for the temps we were to be expecting at the match Saturday and had a good nights sleep before so like I said everything just came together I guess ...for one target anyway .

Thanks,
Rodney
Old 05-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Silver Member

Congrats Rodney!

WOW!
If I hadn't seen the picture with my own eyes I would have never believed it was possible!

Well done!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Bronze Member

Congrats Rodney!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 BRX View Post
Thanks guys for the kind words and I would have jumped in sooner but I've been kinda overwhelmed from all the attention from breaking this record (pending) . It means a lot to me coming from you guys though .
All I can say is that everything came together for just a moment in time to make this group possible. I had a Brux barrel that was showing real promise, a match proven lot of Berger 108 BT bullets and had developed a load using Varget and CCI 450 primers that I thought would be good for the temps we were to be expecting at the match Saturday and had a good nights sleep before so like I said everything just came together I guess ...for one target anyway .

Thanks,
Rodney
Congrats Rodney! Your humility speaks of great commitment to a long pursuit of excellence and dedication to your skill development.

While you have superb equipment, your results @ 600yds is like telling an excellent photographer they have a great camera so of course their photo's are great.

Well done and again, congratulations on your victory.