Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

PdA's??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member

Re: PdA's??

POP,

I am using the Dell axim X 50 V and the exbal / NF program. You should be able to get the pda, docking station car charger and and a rhino case as a package on fleabay for around $100. Then the program will cost you 60 or $70 off Fleabay too. I just set up my son and 3 other guys with the same thing and all are working great. If it does not come with one, get a SD card. $10 at staples. Make sure upon installation of the program you select that all data saves to SD card not the device. This will protect your data when you let the thing set and the battery goes dead. I recommend a spare battery and a spare stylus too and charge the battery often.

I am looking at the load base program but haven't took the plunge yet. I have been told by someone I trust that it will give me better come ups out past 1000 yards. But it is a bit more involved to navigate

Jeff
Old 12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Broz, it's more involved to navigate in the sense that there is so much more, help me say this, much more that LB3.0 will do that it just makes it more involved. You'll be more involved with many more things to help you shoot better.

Now, once you have a task at hand it's much easier, navigating will make you laugh it's so easy. you just got to get to know it. There is an example down below.

It is a full blown powerful application that to know all of it you will have to look at your manual from time to time. People do shy away from it because of is capabilities, but the truth is that once you get to know the tasks at hand it's easier to run than Exbal. One thing, for example LB3.0 has not buttons to "Calculate" which would be easy to change a value and forget to press the calculate button, LB3.0 won't let you make that user error or mistake. The second you change a parameter value, will automatically auto calculate it for you. No worries.

If we look at the screen shot above, without going anywhere, you can have your drop info in "CLK", "IPHY", "MOA", "MRAD", "TRT"; FOR your to do that in Exbal,
you need from 6 to 8 clicks to change it and get back to the shooting screen.
Many other things that would make you love LB3.0.

Let's say you need to change wind info. and Angle of inclination, look at the bottom
left where it says "Fire Data", you just click on it change both values, click back on
"Fire Solution" and you're that fast back in business.

And... I always leave a bunch of things out because it would take a lot of typing, but look on the screen shot that without going some place else you have powerful options as fast as a click like "Zero Stop", "Spin Drift", "Coriolis". Once you have entered the proper info for them to work properly, spin drift and Coriolis will be included in your final drop value and windage so you don have to worry about it.

If you don't want to use them, just click them off.

... Hope this helps.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post

I am looking at the load base program but haven't took the plunge yet. I have been told by someone I trust that it will give me better come ups out past 1000 yards. But it is a bit more involved to navigate

Jeff
i can run your data in the ipod ballistic and KAC program if you want, just post your stats

bullet
scope ht.
sight in
fps
your alt./temp

http://sites.google.com/site/freeballisticcalculator/
Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Gold Member

Would you guys tell me what i need starting with the basic pda. Just purchased a nf 5.5x22 and now the fun begins. Need pocket pc, nf software anything else to get set up. Any help appreciated. BTW im not to good with electronics.
mike
Old 12-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

the pocket pc sync tool is a free download from MS..

but i find it easyer to just load all my stuff on SD cars and put that in the handheld

Old 12-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Gold Member

What handhelds? I need everything from hand pc on.
mike
Old 12-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Silver Member

I use a Dell axiem

Find 1 with A gps 4 a bounus.