Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Pac Nor or Lilja?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member

Pac Nor or Lilja?

Both offer a 3 groove in a 1:11 twist for .308 cal. I am going to order one and wonder which of the two I should go with. I am shooting Berger 210's in a 300WSM. This will be my first custom barrel purchase. Price should be very similar.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Pac Nor or Lilja?

You really can't go wrong with either choice. I've used more Lilja barrels than Pac Nor but they both shot extremely well.

www.mcrifles.com
Old 11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

I have had barrel conversations with both Chris and Dan through the years and used both barrels with success. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member

Sweet, thanks guys! I like the experience that is answering this question.

Thanks,

Tank
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member

What's the difference between a standard match and a super match grade barrel from Pac Nor? Is it worth the extra money for the super match?

Tank

Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Sweet, thanks guys! I like the experience that is answering this question.

Thanks,

Tank
I can't speak to Pac-Nor but I have had three Lilja 3 groovers. I currently have one on my 6.5 and it shoots very well. One thing about Lilja, they only make ONE grade. Good luck/Rich
p.s. Given any more thought to bullet making?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

I have barrels from both. Of all the handlapped barrels I own, the PacNor was by FAR the easiest to break in and keep clean for whatever reason. I have several Liljas and recommended them to a buddy who just built a custom 270 and 300 SAUM. My brother chose the PacNor for his 270.

There's been a lot of good feedback on Rock Creek's 30 cal 5R cut rifled barrels in 11 twist and this will be the brand I go with next unless I change my mind.