Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Out of the Box Accuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Out of the Box Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Moa View Post
... anybody wanna talk about accuracy from tc venture or icon ...

Everything that I have read so far in Rifle Shooter, Rifle, and Shooting Times magazines hold high praise for the TC rifles accuracy. So I would say who ever buys one will more than likely be happy with its accuracy. As far as Mossberg rifles, they also get good reviews for what they are. I saw recently that Mossberg now makes a .223 varmint rifle that utilizes AR mags. I was waiting for someone to do that. May be a good time to look into one. The stock looks very nice and has a pistol grip.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM

I have owned and shot just about every major brand of varmint gun and I don't believe you can get a more accurate rifle for the money than a Savage. You can spend more money and get fancier rifles but Savage is hard to beat. Once they are shot in (broken in) they are very accurate and consistent. And Savages custom shop can build you one to your liking if you want to spend a little more money. A quality custom gun will run $3-$5K. For that amount I can have 3-4 savages in different calibers. If you are a fanatic about shooting buy the Savage and have a top of the line barrel installed and go shoot with the big boys.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Everything that I have read so far in Rifle Shooter, Rifle, and Shooting Times magazines hold high praise for the TC rifles accuracy. So I would say who ever buys one will more than likely be happy with its accuracy. As far as Mossberg rifles, they also get good reviews for what they are. I saw recently that Mossberg now makes a .223 varmint rifle that utilizes AR mags. I was waiting for someone to do that. May be a good time to look into one. The stock looks very nice and has a pistol grip.

Tank
Do you know what model that mossberg might be. I have no need for it but i would like to get a look at it.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Do you know what model that mossberg might be. I have no need for it but i would like to get a look at it.

Here's a link to the article on accurateshooter.com: Mossberg’s New Mag-Fed Varmint Rifles Look Good « Daily Bulletin

Tank
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 05-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Here's a link to the article on accurateshooter.com: Mossberg’s New Mag-Fed Varmint Rifles Look Good « Daily Bulletin

Tank
thanks for the link. Looks like a fun little gun. already got a ar15 so i have plenty mags and a couple thousand rounds of 223 handloads ... guess i have enough for 2 guns
Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
thanks for the link. Looks like a fun little gun. already got a ar15 so i have plenty mags and a couple thousand rounds of 223 handloads ... guess i have enough for 2 guns
Yep, no problem. I was wondering when somebody was going to design a rifle around the specs of an AR mag. It is surprising it took so long. I would like to see one that can take the AR10 for my 308. Though it would be kind of cool to make a Beowulf on a bolt action. The 20 practical and 6.8SPC would be cool too. All these will work in a standard AR mag.

Tank

Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Yep, no problem. I was wondering when somebody was going to design a rifle around the specs of an AR mag. It is surprising it took so long. I would like to see one that can take the AR10 for my 308. Though it would be kind of cool to make a Beowulf on a bolt action. The 20 practical and 6.8SPC would be cool too. All these will work in a standard AR mag.

Tank
when i was looking at the mossberg i found the winchester that took FNAR mags. But its a semi auto. I would rather see it in bolt action cause its similar to the Browning BAR and FNAR.

Heres the link for whoever wants to look at it
New Winchester SX-AR Autoloading Centerfire Rifle | The Firearm Blog