Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Out of action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Out of action

Motorcycle crash, ruptured spleen, Punchered lung, 8 ribs multi broke, collar bone and shoulder blade. Have big test ready to go with CFE 223 as soon as I can take the recoil.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Out of action

Dont rush it! You ave nothing to gain at all by "pushing the limit". Make dammed sure you can take a hit from a pro football player....then go and give it hell.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getgen60 View Post
Motorcycle crash, ruptured spleen, Punchered lung, 8 ribs multi broke, collar bone and shoulder blade. Have big test ready to go with CFE 223 as soon as I can take the recoil.
Sounds like a really bad week!

On the plus side, the new rifle gives you a reason to work extra hard on your rehab to get back in shooting shape as fast as possible.

On top of that as bad as it was, you're still here and have a positive long term prognosis so it could have been much worse.

All the best for a speedy recovery from the "WildRose Gang".
Old 06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Gold Member

Not sure if you have ever broke ribs before but I can tell you they will take the longest to heal. Sneezing and coughing with broken ribs will quickly bring a grown man to tears. At first even deep breaths will make you nearly wet your pants.

Broken ribs and seperated shoulders are easily the two worst injuries I've ever had to rehab from. I feel for yah and I pray you don't have any sneezing fits because they are a real beetch but your ribs will heal given enough time and don't rush it or it will just extend your recover.

Best of luck to you.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Silver Member

I myself had a serious bike crash in 2000. Throttle stuck on a downshift and I blew through a corner and hit a tree at 110km/h. The end result was a shattered femur, both bones shattered in my left forearm, blew the ACL's in both kness, herniated diaphram, bruised lungs 2 broken ribs and 6 cracked ones. Spent 11 days in a trauma unit and the next 5 months learning to walk again. I do understand your pain on this and wish you a speedy recovery, having said that I do have some advice that i wish I had taken. DON'T RUSH IT. I did and a lot of my injuries still bother me to this day a lot more than they should. I actually bent the rod that was placed in my femur as well as the plates that were in my arm, neither my arm or leg healed properly because of it. I know that it sucks being laid up and feeling like you cant do anything at all, but give your body the time to heal properly and it will be far more benificial in the long run.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Gold Member

I don't ride 'Donorcycles'!!
Old 06-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpsman View Post
I don't ride 'Donorcycles'!!
You can do the same thing crossing the street, riding in a car or flying on a plane. When it's your time, it's your time, bike or no bike.

I've been put back together, patched up and I still ride because I enjoy it. Like shooting. If you like it do it. To crawl in a hole isn't living, it's existing, nothing more and a whole lot less....