Well in order to be somewhat good to my wallet, but yet still enjoy some long range hunting (perhaps even dabble in ER), I "pulled the trigger" on my latest rifle build project. I need a little help om some of the final details.
What I purchased so far:
- Savage 110 FCP HS Precision in .338 Lapua Magnum
- Vortex Viper PST
6-24x50 FFP with the EBR-1 MOA reticle
- 100 new Lapua brass
- 8 pounds of H1000
- 100 Nosler AccuBond 300 grain bullets
- 1,000 Federal Match Primers GM215M
- already had presses and loading equipment just got dies
What I have left to purchase:
- rings and mount
- bipod and rear monopod
- misc items like an airline case, ADI, top level, etc.
1) I'm leaning towards getting the NightForce Ultralite Unimount for rings and mount. My understanding is that the Savage 19481 (110FCP HSP 338LM) comes with a picatinny rail with 20 MOA. If I add the NF Ultralite Unimount (which also has 20 MOA) would the total addition of 40 MOA to my setup be too high? I plan on shooting 200-1,200 yard plus
2) I want to add a good bipod (probably Harris) as well as a rear monopod. But it doesn't look like the HS stock doesn't have swivels. What is the best way to connect the bipod and monopod? What make/models would you recommend? What size bipod 6-9 or more and why?
3) Any other recommendations?