Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Optics??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: Optics??

I would do a google search on the terms, since you're staring out, and stay away from the mil mil scopes.
Study up on the moa and go that route, it's a lot simpler. You could start out buying a Leupold vx 3 6.5-20x50 with a standard duplex and buy some good software like exbal. Whatever you do, familiarize yourself with the game before you go and dump a bunch of $$ into a scope you may not need.
Use the search thread on here and read up on how to calculate your shots.
Dustin
Old 08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Optics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger203 View Post
Good info! I am not sure if this is the time but I dont know what you all are saying when you say "Mil-dot" "mils" or "MOA".

I know it is wrong and not the way I want to shoot in the furure, but I was taught...."He is ____ away! Hold _____ over his shoulder and pull the trigger!"

THANKS AGAIN ALL!
Agree with loosesniper...do some google searching on these terms. They are not especially difficult to understand, but more than I want to type when all you have to do is google MOA and the answer will pop right up.

Keep your money in your wallet until you have an understanding of these terms. loosesniper is also right in that MOA is easier.