Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Opinion on McMillan Stocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2003, 05:19 PM

Re: Opinion on McMillan Stocks

Hi UK varminter.
Can you just tell me wich part of the country that gunsmith is? I just think I might have a gess.
If you want a contact with a good gunsmith, try Norman Clark in Rugby, he is a very nice guy and he does some excellent work on those Remingtons+ He will be more than happy to bed your Mac millan stock.
Good shooting.
ND
Old 10-25-2003, 05:28 PM

Hi UK varminter.
Can you just tell me wich part of the country that gunsmith is? I just think I might have a gess.
If you want a contact with a good gunsmith, try Norman Clark in Rugby, he is a very nice guy and he does some excellent work on those Remingtons+ He will be more than happy to bed your Mac millan stock.
Good shooting.
ND
Old 10-25-2003, 08:53 PM
Bronze Member

UKV and all,
I have personally talked to Kelly McMillan on the phone a couple of times concerning projects of mine.
We even had a guy that was concerned that his small hand would not grip the palm swell in the grip area correctly.
I suggested that he call Kelly himself and see if there was anything that could be done.
Kelly responded on the the website and stated since the guy was only 3 hours away from Phoenix that he could drive out to the shop and they could could special mold the grip area to fit him personally.
That my friends is what I call customer service at it's finist.
I am not affiliated with McMillan in any way shape or form, just another shooter.
Later,
RedMan*
Old 10-25-2003, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the replies Folks. I bought the stock after seeing pictures of the old US Marines M40A1 type sniping rifle and don't regret my purchase one little bit.

I was so taken back by this Gunsmiths attitude when I was actually speaking to him that it wasn't until after I had completed the call that I could comprehend what he had actually said. I also remember that when I told him I intended to make a semi-custom rifle out of old Rem 700 action I had sourced he stated I "was doing it on the cheap".

I was absolutely fuming following the call and it was all my wife could do to stop me phoning him back and giving him a piece of my mind. Needless to say he won't be getting my business.

D-Mon I don't want to print the name of the 'Smith involved as in fairness unless he is a member of this Forum he does not have a chance to defend himself.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:12 PM

Hi Redman

I don't doubt your sentiments for a minute. I am more than pleased with the stock. It was purely the Gunsmiths attitude I was disapointed with but that won't stop me buying McMillan again. Their product and reputation more than outweighs one biased opinion.

D-Mon

He's based in London and is well known for his Remington Rifle conversions. He won't be carrying out any work on mine!
Old 10-26-2003, 05:21 PM

Ok,
I see who you are talking about. I must admit that I have never dealt with him. So I would not judge.
So, if you are based in Scotland, why going all the way to London, when you can stop in Rugby? Check out for the adress in GUN MART.
Good luke for your project.
ND
Old 10-26-2003, 05:33 PM

I love my Mcmillian. Best stocks made!

PERIOD!!!!!