Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

One piece mounts or separate rings.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Silver Member

One piece mounts or separate rings.

Hiya Guys,

I need a little advice please.

I am looking for mounts for a 34mm tube and am not sure which way to go. I have found this

Accuracy International One Piece Mount

The problem with this though is that it will take up the whole of the picatinny rail so I will have nowhere to put my level or incline gauge. The alternative is to buy a new scope mounted incline gauge and level which would be a waste of money.

The alternative is to buy something like this

Badger Ordanance Rings

If I got the badger rings I could still mount the level and incline gauge but would have to change the picatinny rail to get the incline required.

So, the question is, which is best, a one piece mount or separate rings ???