Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

One lucky guy!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: One lucky guy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshooter View Post
Kirby, this is for real and not fake. It happens just like this. Seen the EXACT same thing happen to an Remmy 700 my dad shot. EXACT!

It was really loud when it went off and it knocked the synthetic foreend off the stock and the barrel looked just like it did on this video.

Fortunately none of us were injured and we still have that barreled action. To this day I don't know what he got in there to make this happen, but I have a suspicion it was snow or some ice.

Exactly the blow up that your father experienced damaged the stock, the blow-up in the video did not.

The barrel blow-ups that the Tikka rifles experienced a few years ago not only damaged the stocks, but the scopes as well

I am going to have to raise the flag on this one as well