Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

One lucky guy!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: One lucky guy!!

I have seen things posted on line that looked so real that I would have never guessed they were fakes. There are some out there that can do things with computers that are hard to believe.

Just saying something does not seem right with how things go down. Also, at the shot, look at where the muzzle is pointing, clear up into the heavy timber it looks like........ Not saying a shot would not be possible but just does not look right to me.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Perspective is always screwed up from the lens of a camera over a shoulder.

I agree it looks phony, too, in some ways. For an example of how well something can be faked, check this out:

YouTube - Plane loses wing and lands safely

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Silver Member

Kirby, this is for real and not fake. It happens just like this. Seen the EXACT same thing happen to an Remmy 700 my dad shot. EXACT!

It was really loud when it went off and it knocked the synthetic foreend off the stock and the barrel looked just like it did on this video.

Fortunately none of us were injured and we still have that barreled action. To this day I don't know what he got in there to make this happen, but I have a suspicion it was snow or some ice.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Wow! I'm impressed. Another reason to wear rubber underpants when hunting. :confused: Thanks for posting.

Tikka had a problem with some of their barrels and they split apart just like this barrel did. The explanation that came out on that was that some of the barrels were not properly heat relieved of stresses at the factory. There was a recall. There were several barrels that ruptured to bring about the recall. I own two Tikka T3's and for awhile I found it awfully hard not to flinch after I saw some of the photos of the burst barrels. Tikka identified the rifles by Serial Number that had the bad barrels at the time of their recall. Like I was gonna believe Tikka after that screw-up.

Eventually my nerves settled down and I stopped flinching while shooting my Tikkas. No more bursting barrels that I've heard of.

Last edited by phorwath; 11-09-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member

I've electrical taped muzzle-braked rifles and non-muzzle-braked rifles. Works fine on both.

After watching this video, I think I'll go around a few extra times with some of that 100 mph tape. That and some J-B Weld too, just for good measure.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Silver Member

Now THAT'S why I put electrical tape over my muzzle!!! The exiting gases blow off the tape, and protects the bore from any unwanted debris. I put a length over it, then wrap a loop around the straight length. Works great.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Silver Member

Whoops, I didn't read ALL the posts. phorwath, beat me to the punch with my "trick."