Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

One less Mountain Lion... Short Range Hunting.. LOL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Sendero Man,

How far is Crazy Woman Canyon from Daytons Gulch or Bear Lodge? I snowmobile out of Bear Lodge and hunt the Big Horns every year. I love it out there. I can't get enough of the place.

How long ago did you shoot that cat?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
SPONSOR

Congrats Sendero, good lookin cat!!

Was it just you or where you guided??? when i went pdog huntin in casper the guides son also guided alot of lion hunters, he had some really awesome pics of all of there kills. i hope to get a chance to hunt them some day, impressive animal definantly

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

That is seriously awesome!!! Great job Senderoman!

One of our friends just got one here in Oregon, he followed 3 sets of tracks. Followed the biggest set of tracks to a small cave. Shot the cat as he ran. He weighed over 180lbs but he was only 6'7" long! Squatty cat, I bet his belly drug in the snow. So, I am expecting a cougar steak,mmmmm taste like pork.

I've not killed one yet, but I've been so close that it makes me mad to think about it. Gun loaded, finger on trigger, safety off, can see hair in scope but I didn't pull the trigger because I couldn't tell what part of the body I was aiming at. :mad:, ran down the steepest hill after him tripped fell, and lost him. :mad:
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
Sendero Man,

How far is Crazy Woman Canyon from Daytons Gulch or Bear Lodge? I snowmobile out of Bear Lodge and hunt the Big Horns every year. I love it out there. I can't get enough of the place.

How long ago did you shoot that cat?
It is about 15 miles south of Buffalo... I love it here too...

Born and raised. Our cow camp was 3 miles past Bear Lodge on Bull Creek. I am sure you have ridden past there....
Old 02-06-2008, 12:30 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerch View Post
Congrats Sendero, good lookin cat!!

Was it just you or where you guided??? when i went pdog huntin in casper the guides son also guided alot of lion hunters, he had some really awesome pics of all of there kills. i hope to get a chance to hunt them some day, impressive animal definantly

steve
I went with a friend that has dogs. I have been picking up lots of Moose sheds for about a month and had been seeing lots of lion tracks. He didn't believe me and I said lets go in the morning... I'll show you where... he laughed and said OK. You ain't gonna find one.

needless to say, I killed a lion....
Old 02-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Silver Member

Do you know the Longs? They have a place on the Crazy Woman. I think they need to let me hunt it too!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Silver Member

Very cool. Glad you god one. Sounds like the one you got will save the ranchers a few problems. When I was Mule Deer dunting this past fall in the Big Horns I saw cat tracks. One morning I got out hunting really early. I wanted to get up and across a ridge way before sunrise. I had my flashlight going and made my way with a friend of mine. There was a light dusting of fresh snow. Well long story short we saw deer and had to move back over the ridge to cut them off and my friend got a nice one. We retraced our steps through the snow and there were cat tracks right in and around our foot tracks that were not there when we went in. That happened to use three times while we were out there this year. It freeked my friend out. I loved it. There is so much cool wildlife out there. One day I will do a cat hunt out there. Until then I will have to watch for the tracks.