Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

ONE GUN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: ONE GUN

Hey Brent,

I thought it was unlawful to shoot a grizzly bear up ther, or is that just in Canada?
Old 04-05-2003, 04:31 AM
Platinum Member

4mesh,

that's what the anti's would like you to think, that's for sure. There is regular season on grizz and brown both in most areas, tag is $25 for residents, there is a few places that they are protected.

Polar bear is off limits unless you are native. "Hunting" any bear with a 223 borders on death wish in my book.

Ian, you're not alone, a guy I know hunts brown... yep the big coastal bears with a 308win and 150gr Barnes X bullets every year. He's shot some giants too, last years was a 10+ footer. He's married to a native gal and gets to hunt some very prime areas near her village. They even go down on the Aleutian chain and hunt a native owned island that has wild horses and cows on it, yep they hunt them both LR too, just to keep the population down or they will starve themselves to death.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:28 PM

One gun only, no way. but if I had to it would be a 581 remington bolt action remington 22. cal rifle. As we all know the 22. can kill truck loads of game time to become a hunter again.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Silver Member

I guess I got to get into this fray, What about the 708, 100 grainers for vermin, 175 for Mr. Griz, I just can't see using a magnum on Pdogs. I figured if your going to use 'one gun' it should be something in the middle, thats the 708. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Jay
texas, BYW, Rem. S/S w/HS Precision sporter stock, factory trigger adg. to 1.9lbs. Leupold 3.5-10 adg. obj.

[ 04-15-2003: Message edited by: Jay Gorski ]