Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

OK. I can't stand it anymore..!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Silver Member

Re: OK. I can\'t stand it anymore..!!

Hee hee... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

there-usually denotes a place or point.. "Get away from there..!!" Or.. "You take it from there.."

their-of or relating to them or themselves.. Usually posessive.. "Liberals are just Republicans that have not had their goods stolen or their lives jeapordized yet.!!"
--------------------------------------------
threw- past of "throw".. " He got so mad at that POS Savage he threw it downrange.!!"

through- (1)in one side and out the other.. (2)Finished.. " That Sierea MK went in this side and clear through to the other.!! I'm through listening to that BS on some other boards.!!"
--------------------------------------------
..And just for future reference.. It's spelled "y'all".. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dang yankees.. JiNC

[ 04-22-2003: Message edited by: Jake in NC ]
Old 04-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Jake,
Are you talking about the southern word pronounced "THIE-yurrr", or is it "THAY-yurrr"? I don't recall anyone ever saying "thair" when I have been in the southern states. Of course most of my southern friends can also turn BEAR into a three-sylable word [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ""You shot a WHAT?""

As for through vs threw, why not just use thru, to hell with the dictionary.
"Bobby-Jo thru up thru the back window of his sisters' 4by4."
Old 04-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Silver Member

.Ya see.. Typical yankee.. Ya forgot the "ah" on the end of your phonetic representations of "southspeak".. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
.. It's "THAY-yurrrah"..

BTW.. Can anyone enlighten me as to why "phonetically" isn't spelled the way it sounds.? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] JiNC
Old 04-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Gold Member

Ian thats Bobbie-jo n thars nuthin wrong with huntin Baars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jake whadda mean Y'all [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Hey this here is the only place I can talk like I feel (ma's a school marm) and she tan my black hide ifn she heard that. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2003, 10:10 PM

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: 338-378 ]
Old 04-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Silver Member

.. I s'pose Sierra is one both yanks and sesesh can agree on.. Sounds the same no matter where ya are..

Now if you gentlemen will exscuse me, I'm off to the club for a little lead slingin' and campfire action... d:^) JiNC

PS- The new toy from CJ arrived today.. As soon as I get the rest of the goodies it requires I'll be onto that little project will much enthusiasm..
Old 04-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Bronze Member

Well jake we agree on one thing a savage is a POS, and though i live in the arm pit of the world (south fla) in was born in johnson city tenn . And proper grammar is a real tuff one for a hillbillie but, hukd on foniks wurkd 4 me. ebb