Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

OK. I can't stand it anymore..!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

OK. I can\'t stand it anymore..!!

.. I gotta let my anal retention show a little about proper word usage.. (Not to be confused with intentional slang or typos.)

Here goes..

Your- ..is a possessive term.. " I like the paint job on your rifle.."

You're- .. abbreviation for "you are"
--------------------------------------------
Lose- (lüz) To misplace something or not to win a contest.. To get rid of..

Loose- (lüs) ..ill fitting. Not tight..
--------------------------------------------
to- usually denotes motion " I went to the mountains today.. Also used to define a range.. ".. My ES went from 13fps to 54..!! "

too- inclusive term.. Similar to "also". "I like NightForce, but I like Leupold too.." Can also suggest excessiveness.. "I ate too much at the Easter dinner.."

.. Feel free to flame away but this stuff just aggravates me to no end.. I know, I know.. Shaddup-n-go-shootin'.. Hehehe.. d:^) JiNC

[ 04-20-2003: Message edited by: Jake in NC ]

[ 04-20-2003: Message edited by: Jake in NC ]
Old 04-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: OK. I can\'t stand it anymore..!!

Jake,

I have not figured this one out yet, when I use the word ain't, do I use an apostrophe in this word (too), or drop it and leave it "aint"? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You do know everyone here dropped out of school in when they found hunting put the meat on the table don't you. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

English class was my favorite. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ya right. But like most things, once you're older, your prospective changes quite a bit. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 03:52 PM
*WyoWhisper*

OUCH!!!..

I know I am guilty..of butchering the english language on this board...
but it is the boards fault usually...

I end up having to type to fast 'cause I don't have alot of time and I need to check all the new posts... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

Jake,

Don't worry, as long as you can forgive me about getting a little pissy about people who can't find the search button and ask the same question that was asked and answered twice or more, in the last couple of weeks.

My best friend and hunting partner was an English major, and has a photographic memory. Bad combination. Especially when we get to drinking a lot of beer.

Let me offer you the same advise I give John-Henry. Twenty miles south of here, right across the border in Agua Prieta, Mexico, Is a place called La Sonda Rosa. Take $20 and go visit.

I've noticed a trip to the Cat House can take the anal retentiveness right out of a fellow.

Tim
Old 04-20-2003, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member

Tim,
Is that were you guys go for you're predator hunting. Your likely too loose more than a few brain-cells at a place like that, to. Interested too know wich caliber works best but I'm shure your the guys to figure that out. Hope Jake isnt' reading this, to, might make him loose it and start telling me that my spelling is a little lose.

Did I ever tell you about the time I got my thumb under the sizing die and cranked the decapping pin right through the center of my thumbnail. That is what really pisses a guy off [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Back to cranking .300 Wins.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Ian,

my God, what a bloody visual!!! OUCH!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Jake's going to freak when he reads your butchered up usage, you big trouble maker Ian. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Got me a black bear the other day, that made me feel a little better, but induced some other stress with over a 1000 foot hike damn near straight up the mountain. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Could have shot a nice Ram right in the same exact spot in the rocks if it was season too. Man I'm sore now. Makes you really love bait stations and hate hiking up to dens! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Gold Member

Yall shouldn't be talking like that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]. Brent, how big was that bear?

Ian sorry to hear bout the thumb, guess you could have used some factory ammo [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] and saved some time too [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tim now what kinda cat huntin you doing for $20.00 [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , must not take alot to put one down [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img].

Any way Jake don't worry about it too much. You know what they say sticks and stones may hurt me but words never will unless you go cat hunting with Tim and some beer drinking buddies [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .