Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Off to Colorado for a Fallow deer and sheep hunt...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Off to Colorado for a Fallow deer and sheep hunt...

Bigbearhunter,

Right now I am just trying to get customers their rifles before this big game season. Have not thought alot about doing any exotic hunts, generally start to plan after the big game season rush.

I will say that Richard Graves and I have been talking about going on a Nilgai hunt possibly this spring but we are both so damn busy right now we can hardly think about that now.

He keeps trying to talk me into a Musk Ox or Walrus hunt as well and I keep telling him I am not man enough for those extreme temps. He may convince me someday and we will do those as well.

Always open to exotic hunts. I have a real desire to hunt mature Axis bucks. I was on an archery hunt in the Hill country in Texas a few years back and had two +35" bucks pass about 45 yards out from my stand. Ever since I have wanted in the worst way to hunt these with my Allen Magnum rifles.

I believe the next exotic hunt I do will either be the nilgai or an Axis in Texas.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 09-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Silver Member

Re: Off to Colorado for a Fallow deer and sheep hunt...

Kirby,
Great story, I felt as if I were apart of the hunt. Which in the situation I'm in now is as close as I'll get for about a month. I'm setting here dreaming about hunting while nursing my double hernia repair on "the twins" if you know what I mean.
Thanks fot the uplifting story.
Brandon