Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Nxs pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Nxs pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray R View Post
I appreciate it Brent that's exactly what I was lookin for. Is that the 5.5-22?

Yes. I would love to build an adaptor for my vid cam or my ipod for the field. I have been wanting to do it for a while but keep being distracted. If I have room and strength I pack my spotting scope and tripod and use those for pictures etc, and I rarely pull my rifle out of my pack.

NF has decent optics. Their real strength is consistency, glass is OK. I have looked through and played with other scopes in a more reasonable price range but I still like my NF better overall.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Silver Member

Just guessing, but judging by the way the pictures are taken I would say NF has a really good sight box. (if that's the proper term) I dislike having to move my head around to get a good sight picture.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

Yeah there's scopes in a more reasonable price range that would almost certainly do what I require of them but I just have the bug for a nightforce. I hunt southeast georgia and we have to hunt a power line to get more than 200 yard shots but I plan on going somewhere out west with public land and a different set of animals to learn how to hunt so then I'll be able to justify it. Until then I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can buy once and cry once instead of dragging it out
Old 12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

Then NF might be your choice then. I really do like the scopes for what I do. I played with Vortex, Huskemaw, Leupold, Nikon, Konus, and Bushnell. I have a Leupold I just got back from them that had the M1 turrets installed. It is nice but it doesn't compare to the NF for LR work.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

And the comparable leupolds that I've looked into are just about the same price as the nightforce so I'd rather get what I want than spend 2k and still be drooling
Old 12-17-2013, 01:12 AM

Here is a brown bear at 220 yards in the Brooks Range Alaska. He wandered within about 200 yards of camp and sat up on this hillside and we watched each other for about 5 minutes.

new to this website, and not sure if I attached the photo properly. My apologies if it didn't work
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Nxs pictures-img_1246.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Platinum Member

Gray R,

There isn't a single thing about the NXS that you won't like especially if you get the 5.5-22 X 50 or 56.

Eye box is comfortable. NPR-1 reticule is to die for. Some like the newer fangled ones better but the NPR-1 is super for ELR stuff.

To make your rig look super macho use 2 sets of NF rings to mount it. Draws looks at the range or on the mountain.

Be sure to get the zero stop, at least. Such a thing didn't exist when I got mine. Lack of the zero stop causes me grief, big time! But then I'm know for being light in the remembery department.