Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Now what???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

Now what???

So yesterday I picked up a Stevens 200 in .308, this will be the base for my long range build. I have scope/rings/bases all in mind but was thinking "what now" on the stock. I don't have the money for a good aftermarket stock yet, but was wanting to build the stock up with bondo to make it resemble a b&c or a mcmillian. Also I'd like to stiffen up the forend and bed the action. Any suggestions???? Thanks for your time.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Now what???

Give it a go. I started with a B&C sporter tupperware stock then with bondo, JB Weld, Steel Putty, a hunk of 2x4 and some work I ended up with this.

I'd recommend bedding a carbon fiber or aluminum arrow shaft in the forearm. I didn't do that as I squared up the forearm quite a bit.

[/IMG]
Old 03-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Give it a go. I started with a B&C sporter tupperware stock then with bondo, JB Weld, Steel Putty, a hunk of 2x4 and some work I ended up with this.

I'd recommend bedding a carbon fiber or aluminum arrow shaft in the forearm. I didn't do that as I squared up the forearm quite a bit.
Beautiful stock, Roy. But you must have added some helium also, to make it so light it floats in the air.

-- gr8whyt
Old 03-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member

Here ya go. This is an article by Jerry Teo doing exactly what you want to do with your rifle. Hope it helps, and I want to see your finished result.

Savage Tactical Rifle Project

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for the input. And I have seen the "Savage Tactical Rifle Project" it kind of gave me the idea for this rifle. I'll pick up some bondo next time I'm in town and get started I'll also put an arrow shaft in the forearm most likely. Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post

[/IMG]

Is that a Super Sniper scope???? If so how do you like it?

Also wondering if the weaver bases for the Savage short action, Accustock would fit the Stevens 200?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

Look at the Burris double dovetail bases with the signature rings.

Rock solid, pretty inexpensive and you can use the inserts to put 20 MOA into the setup.

BH