Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Northwest Arkansas Long Range Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM

Northwest Arkansas Long Range Shooting

I live in the Northwest Arkansas area, and unfortunately I can't find any good places to shoot at great distance.

Fortunately, my .338 Lapua is set to arrive this week, but unfortunately I only have a 100 yard range at my disposal. If I drive 1.5 hours to Fort Smith there is a 300 yard range. That said, I'd really enjoy getting together with a group of guys in the area and reach out an touch some metal at 600+ yards.

Are there any groups of folks that have land at their disposal and like to get together to shoot and tell tall tales of hunting and marksmanship?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Gold Member

Re: Northwest Arkansas Long Range Shooting

Sorry to say....me thinks you're SOL!!

That's 'thutty-thutty' country!!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Gold Member

You may have already searched the forum, but did you try this:

Shooting Ranges - Places To Shoot - LongRangeHunting Online Magazine

It may at least put younin touch with some local shooters with similar interests.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Gold Member

Lapuamile,

I live in north central Arkansas near Heber Springs and Searcy. You are welcome to come out and shoot with me anytime. It is probably about a 3+ hour drive for you depending on where you are at......... but I do have a 1000 yard gong set up and can shoot to 1235 yards from my bench. It is a long drive to do some shooting, but the offer is open. Just shoot me a PM sometime if you want to come out.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Good afternoon, I live in Rogers and we have Long Range Classes in Huntsville, Ar. We have 1000+ yards of steel targets and several Unknown Distance Ranges to shoot. We felt the same way about NW Ar, so we started these courses, love shooting out there! We plan to start semi-annual or quarterly competitions out there soon as well. Contact us on facebook or email: DRLONGRANGECONCEPTS@gmail.com & Long Range Precision Shooting Group on FB. Stay safe !
Old 06-03-2011, 04:19 PM

1,000 yards that close to Fayetteville sounds fantastic.

Please let me know the next time people get together to shoot.

Thanks.