Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

a nitwit view on longrange hunting *DELETED*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: a nitwit view on longrange hunting *DELETED*

jimm,

Note the table? Round table, 17th century pic?

He may be one of those "K"nites of da Rnd Table. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: a nitwit view on longrange hunting

Note to Dave King:
I screwed-up the math on my come-up mention earlier in this thread (as usual, me and math do not like each other). Two minutes at 700 is 14 inches, NOT two feet which I think is about 24 inches. Not sure since our Canadian gov't is brain-washing us into doing everything metric.

Dave KIng - you did not catch that and jack me up about it. You slowing down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] You are the numbers and computer geekster. Fork, you missed it too. What's the matter with you guys anyhow, eh! See what happens when you start thinking ethics on Len's site, you miss the math ballistics stuff [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Get with the program here.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Gold Member

Quote/
General statements are all crap. Who has the numbers to back up their off-the-wall statements that either short-range hunters or long range hunters wound more than the other group? Some yahoo who takes a new $4500 rifle out and target practices on does is just as bad as the guy who buys a $9.99 box of .30-30s every couple of years.

The only difference is the size of their check books. Idiots are idiots, whether they are shooting at 50 feet or 1000 yards. [QUOTE]

I think this post from a member of HuntTalk summed it up pretty well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

I knew it! I just knew it!! Ya give a guy some slack so ya don't sound like a nit-picker and then HE turns around and nips ya in the keester with it.

I'll let this one slide but that's it. Now I'm going to race Dave to point out the next miscalculation.

(you could always say you were using his ballistics program and it told you 2 MOA was 24". Maybe it is a metric calculator with a bug int the conversion part of the program. There has to be a way to blame him for it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ssshhh.)
Old 03-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Platinum Member

Re: a nitwit view on longrange hunting *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know Forkie ,

That pic is a bit scary , 17 th century painting behind a Cabelas hard copy catalog that has a purty rifle on top of it, what could it mean ?

Jim B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you don't know me then I guess I don't know you either. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here is my question though. I know he posted the picture to show his solidarity with the tone of this forum and that is is just fine. But how do I break it to him that he needs to clean that greyish green stuff out of the bore? I don't want him to think I am a nit-picker ( <font color="red"> IAN!!! </font> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) and scare him off.

And the binding on the Cabelas book dosen't look like it has been opened at all. That is freaky enough to have me wondering. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Bronze Member

The rifles come with the table....I bought extra chairs [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Platinum Member

Ian

I seen it... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I just didn't want to point it out before you had a chance to fix it yourself, builds self esteem that way! Now quit strutting around and put something on that swollen head!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]