Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Nikon Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Nikon Customer Service

I had really good luck w/ their customer service. Back in 97 I bought a 800 buckmaster range finder. about a year later I Left it on the black cover of the pickup for an entire afternoon on one of the hottest days of the year (whoops!) quit working and I sent it back in and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Last year I lost my battery cover for it and they sent me a new one for free too! I also sent it in last year to have the reticle looked at since the aiming point is off big time after 11 seasons of hunting and abuse. That time they said it would cost around $180 to fix. I opted to not spend the money but what more could I expect?

Like I said... I'm happy w/ their service.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Bronze Member

Nikons CS rocks! I dropped my Nikon Monarch Binoculars out of a 25' deer stand and busted the eye piece and lense out of it. I had them for 3 years and no reciept. They told me to ship them back with a check for 15 or so dollars and they would fix them. A week later, I had a brand new pair of binoculars at my doorstep! Dont get no better than that!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Bronze Member

I got a great deal on an upper model Monarch on eBay. Couldn't believe I won. When I got it, I had it bore-sighted at the local shop and he told me the elevation adjustment didn't work. Needless to say I was ticked off. The eBay seller said he would give me my money back, BUT I got smart and sent it to Nikon instead.

I registered online to be able to check the status of the scope, etc.

Long story short... in about 10 days, instead of getting a repaired scope, I got a NEW identical scope that worked fine! I'm loving it!

Guess that tells you what I think of Nikon's customer service.

iSnipe
Old 08-31-2009, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member

Nightforce...
Old 09-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Nightforce...
Give me the cash and I will buy one. 3 kids, 1 of which is a teenager. Where do you think my money goes? Thanks for the suggestion though.

Respectfully,
Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltank View Post
Give me the cash and I will buy one. 3 kids, 1 of which is a teenager. Where do you think my money goes? Thanks for the suggestion though.

Respectfully,
Tank
I have only one rifle scope and it's a NF. Sell all your scopes and rifles except your favorite rfile or however many you need to sell and get a NF... or cut grass and shovel snow on the side

Serioulsy though... I just saw a 3.5-15x50 NSX go for $1100 on ebay, the price of about 2 Nikons
Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

Well if they would just let me win one of these scope contests it wouldn't be an issue. I sign up for all of them.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!