Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Nikon Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

Nikon Customer Service

Well it is time to test the turn around on Nikon scopes and their customer service. I have some lens seperation within my scope. This really sucks because I have a hunt coming up in September on the 16th. I talked to a rep and he said he will due his best. We will see. Good thing I have a back up rifle, but can't reach out as far.

I have to say I have been happy with the scope over all. I hope they don't put a bad taste in my mouth with bad customer service. So far so good. Anybody had to deal with this?

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Re: Nikon Customer Service

Liltank,
I am in the same boat also. The elevation turret assembly fell off my 6-24 Monarch.

Sent it in after speaking with customer service rep, rep stated after it was entered into their system, usually 7-10 days before item is repaired and returned to the customer.

Mailed it out 2 wks ago, a week later I got notification it was delivered to them.

Monday I got an email stating that it was being repaired under warranty. Will see if the 7-10 day thing applies.

SY
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member

I hope they have a quicker turn around for me. I going hunting in 3 weeks.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member

Tank- I sent one to them last year and and had it back on the gun in 10 days. I hope your experience is like mine.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Last year in a moment of stupidity, my rifle tipped off a bench and landed upside down directly on the elevation turret, jamming it into the body. The scope did NOT loose it's zero, but the turret was stuck.

I called Nikon to inquire about repair costs, they said send it in after creating a work order on their repair website. You can log into the repair site and check your repair status. Mine said they repaired it after 2 weeks and it was awaiting shipping. Next thing I know there's a brand new scope sealed in a new box on my doorstep! It took 3 weeks total. All I paid for was shipping both ways. A+ on customer service in my experience.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Bronze Member

I have mixed feeling towards Nikons CS. I sent in a Buckmast scope last fall after my elk hunt from moisture getting inside the scope. Ten days after I sent the scope in I had the scope back in hand. Great turn arround time right. Well the turn around time was great but they had not fixed the scope at all. It woud still get moisture inside the scope. So I called them back up told them that it was coming back their exspence and I wanted it fixed or a new one sent back. This time I had a new scope in hand, not the one I sent in for repairs ten days after I put it in the mail. I've got to give Nikon credit for taking care of me, it would have been nice had they been able to do it in the first place.

400bull
Old 08-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Silver Member

I won't ever buy another nikon product after they jerked me around on a rangefinder repair.