Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Nightforce Rails are Cheap on Midway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: Nightforce Rails are Cheap on Midway

Sully2,

The Nightforce has an integrated recoil lug in the base, and they are also offered in many different MOA elevations.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post

As far as comparing to EGW, not even in the same league.
You are right. Do not get me wrong I own some EGW bases but not even close
Old 11-17-2011, 01:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thank You!! slickyboyboo, I just grabbed two. That is a smokin deal. I got a 10 moa and a 15 moa. for Long action 700's. The rails on sale are 8 x 40 screws but that is no biggy, I can make that mod with ease and it will be a better set up after.

As far as comparing to EGW, not even in the same league.

Jeff
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda silly to have the #6 screws on a hard recoiling magnum with a big heavy scope anyhow. Sooner or later that's likely to lead to disaster.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yes, it is. Sometimes it is a good move as on older actions the threads get weak. So it is a good idea to retap them to the #8 screws. Also many smiths prefer to go one size larger for a few reasons. But I won't explain as you simply are sold that cheaper is best. I have had both EGW and NF rails. I know what I want. Bring your **** and lets do some shooting sometime. How about we start at a mile?

You tried to crash this thread when someone was simply doing the kind act of pointing out a deal to others.

Wow, what is becoming of this site?

Your incorrect in most of the things you have implied.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

Broz, its not the site its SULLY2 that is the problem, look at his past posts he thinks he knows everything but in actuality knows very little judging by his posts.

Sully2 as stated above the intregal recoil lug is a huge benefit, and if you knew much you would know that a lot of guys out there dont even mess with the factory #6 holes they go straight up to the #8 bigger is better, I would think EVEN YOU could wrap your mind around the fact that anything you can do to make your scope mounting platform more solid IS a good thing. which means the NF or Badger or TPS base with an intrigal recoil lug and bigger screw are extra insurance. for $50 ill upsize all my base screws. If you dont want to take Broz up on his offer you could come shoot against my sister and my 338 instead if you feel that would better your chances...

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 11-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Your incorrect in most of the things you have implied.

OK Fine, so will you take my challenge and join me in some friendly long range shooting? Just to see if your cheap base will out shoot my over priced base with too large of screws holding it on?

Or was your intent and sole purpose simply to troll and be an uninformed expert on rail bases at Walmart prices?

I hope we can meet up, but I am not sure where you are located since you didn't fill out your profile. But you know where I am friend, so like I said bring your best stick with an EGW base and lets burn some long range powder.

Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Your range finder probably will not reach the first target. But being the nice guy I am, I will let you borrow my over priced one.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Kinda silly to have the #6 screws on a hard recoiling magnum with a big heavy scope anyhow. Sooner or later that's likely to lead to disaster.
Where did anyone state they have said "hard recoiling magnum"??