Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The thread is closed

nightforce made in china??? - no -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

re: nightforce made in china??? - no -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
If a new members very first post is a bashing post, I call Troll.

Jeff
So, if you've been here a while, that makes you a seasoned troll I would presume.....
Old 10-11-2013, 12:27 PM

re: nightforce made in china??? - no -

Side car, I 100% agree with your american manufacturing model... and suspect you may have been involved in the production of automobiles.... which I think was one of the leaders in developing the model much to my chagrin.

I also remember that not much of the Japanese manufactured product was very highly thought of in the late 40's and early 50's and yet today is some of the best in the world. Probably due to new manufacturing facilities and machines which were rebuilt/installed after the end of world war II.

Korean manufacturing products have like wise made big improvements in the last 10 years or so. Today's Hyundai's are much improved over the original imports. I suspect as China modernized (lots of new factories opening there now with new equipment in many manufacturing disciplines) that their products will have a marked improvement in quality over the next 30 or 40 years.. I suspect our sons... will be wowed by the NF or Kahles scopes made in China, that are not made there now.

Time and circumstances changes most everything. The latest equipment and education marches on... In the mean time... I suspect there are a lot of NF knock off's out there just like there are or were a lot of knock off watches, tennis shoes and jeans which as of yet don't have the quality of the copied brand! Buyer beware...
Old 10-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

Re: nightforce made in china??? - no -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
So, if you've been here a while, that makes you a seasoned troll I would presume.....
I guess so Flip, I should have added though the post is full of extreme inaccuracies. $50 scope? Come on...

All I was trying to say is it would be nice to join a forum and add some useful content or communication first, so other members could get to know you a little before you go off on a negative product post like this. I will say there is a decent percentage of member here that use NF scopes and most like them just fine. This is why I feel the 1st post, from this new member, and the radical content of it, was a trolling post to provoke an argument.

Maybe not, but that is how I view it. And it looks like at least one other member agrees. Just my personal opinion.

Jeff

Last edited by Broz; 10-11-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: add content and explanation
Old 10-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Really? I have one I will gladly sell you for $2000. The post was for those looking for a REAL review. p.
What scope do you have? I might take it off your hands. What should I pay for that $50 Chinese scope??
Old 10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I guess so Flip, I should have added though the post is full of extreme inaccuracies. $50 scope? Come on...

All I was trying to say is it would be nice to join a forum and add some useful content or communication first, so other members could get to know you a little before you go off on a negative product post like this. I will say there is a decent percentage of member here that use NF scopes and most like them just fine. This is why I feel the 1st post, from this new member, and the radical content of it, was a trolling post to provoke an argument.

Maybe not, but that is how I view it. And it looks like at least one other member agrees. Just my personal opinion.

Jeff
The first post of that new "member" was completely out to lunch and inflammatory. That is the definition of a troll IMO. If that isn't I don't know what is.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Really Flip? You don't have anything better to do?

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Silver Member

I see scope parts going out the door every day and while I won't say where they're going, I'm a long way from China or Japan. The guy sitting next to me worked in Leupold's mill dept for years. I doubt he was cutting air that whole time. I also doubt those Mori lathes at Nightforce are making parts for Barbie dolls.
The thread is closed