Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The thread is closed

nightforce made in china??? - no -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 AM

re: nightforce made in china??? - no -

No. Got burned by a customer whom I told per NightForce the product was made in America. If you notice that's how this thing started. The conclusion is what it is. Can't by a 100% USA scope. I retired from the "Land of Troll's" by the way.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
None to my knowledge as well....Even Zeiss' Conquest line, the glass is produced @ their Germany facility, and then shipped to NY, and assembled there.
100% correct. All products of the so called <Conquest Line> are assembled in the US using German produced parts. Zeiss is doing so because of the prices which are normally much higher in Europe than in the US. BTW, the Conquest Line was especially created for the US marked.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter42 View Post
the company in Japan that is making the glass and componets for nightforce is called light optical, they also make the Huskemaw brand and some of the higher end Nikon and kahles brands of scopes. the japanese quality of glass has improved to the point of giving the the Germans a run for their money.
Japanese optics are great these days, but they don't reach the outstanding quality and performance of both the German or Austrian manufactures. BTW, Kahles' (part of the Swarovski Group) highend products are 100% Austrian fabricated and nothing else! NF is a great brand and in my opinion it doesn't matter at all where it is or will be made. Purpose and wallet are the usual criteria that determin the purchase of a product. If I can't afford a German/Austrian highend product I'll go for something else like NF or Meopta (great scopes also). Nothing to complain about!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
No. Got burned by a customer whom I told per NightForce the product was made in America. If you notice that's how this thing started. The conclusion is what it is. Can't by a 100% USA scope. I retired from the "Land of Troll's" by the way.

You come on here spewing a bunch of crap about NF being a $50 dollar scope made in China and sold here for $2000. That's what I call a troll. I own 2 NF scopes and they are of superior quality. One of them has absorbed the full weight of my body twice in falls during hunting and still functions perfectly. I can count 25 cal bullet holes on a target @ 427 yds. The tracking is crisp and perfect.

As to where they are made, this is printed on their website for anyone to see which is posted for the second time in this thread...

Quote:
Some of our optics are engraved with "Made in USA" while others are engraved with "Made in Japan." The country of origin for the source of the primary core components of the optics requires the appropriate “Made in” designation.
We have worked with the premier Japanese firm since our earliest days, as they have proven time and again to be industry leaders in optical design and manufacturing. It has always been the Nightforce Optics goal to build and offer the best optics in the world. With that said, all of the final assembly and quality assurance testing to guarantee Nightforce Optics standards is conducted at our factory in Orofino, Idaho. All service, modifications and warranty work is performed in our Idaho facility as well.
It would be nice if they were made 100% in the US but in the end I don't give a rat's *****. I do know they ARE NOT made in China. A lot of quality products are made overseas in a variety of countries including Japan.

Take your $50 made in China crap and peddle it somewhere else.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 10-11-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member

If a new members very first post is a bashing post, I call Troll.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Platinum Member

I do believe that even Leupold when japan's plant was down (earth quake a few years ago) used glass from china for a while to keep buisness going. So just because it's says usa and they say glass is from Japan doesn't mean that it's 100% true.
Point being if your spending $1000+ on any major scope brand your getting a really good piece. and If you can only afford a Leupold don't bash NF or SB because you can't have one.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
You come on here spewing a bunch of crap abut NF being a $50 dollar scope made in China and sold here for $2000. That's what I call a troll. I own 2 NF scopes and they are of superior quality. One of them has absorbed the full weight of my body twice in falls during hunting and still functions perfectly. I can count 25 cal bullet holes on a target @ 427 yds. The tracking is crisp and perfect.

As to where they are made, this is printed on their website for anyone to see which is posted for the second time in this thread...

It would be nice if they were made 100% in the US but in the end I don't give a rat's *****. I do know they ARE NOT made in China. A lot of quality products are made overseas in a variety of countries including Japan.

Take your $50 made in China crap and peddle it somewhere else.
I totally agree with you my NF stuff is top notch and I wouldn't trade them for anything I could care less. I was just providing some well needed info.
The thread is closed