Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

The thread is closed

nightforce made in china??? - no -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

re: nightforce made in china??? - no -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfur View Post
As far as I know there are no high quality manufacturers of optical glass in the US. Therefore any good scope will have European (likely German) or Asian (likely Japanese) optical glass inside.

Manufacture of optical glass isn't really something some mom n' pop shop can set up to do.
None to my knowledge as well....Even Zeiss' Conquest line, the glass is produced @ their Germany facility, and then shipped to NY, and assembled there.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter42 View Post
the company in Japan that is making the glass and componets for nightforce is called light optical, they also make the Huskemaw brand and some of the higher end Nikon and kahles brands of scopes. the japanese quality of glass has improved to the point of giving the the Germans a run for their money.
I'm pretty sure Kahles are built completely in Austria....It does say "Made in Austria" on my Kahles Helia KX, instead of "assembled in Austria", as if parts of it had been made elsewhere...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Gold Member

A lot of people underestimate the capability of the japanese machinist. All in all the japanese are right on par with americans but less regulated. The modern rifle scopes being used by the members of this forum are a testament to machining precision and demand a vast amount of precision pieces because the way they "stack" tolerances, as well as intense quality control. From a machinist standpoint i have no problem with the japanese. Probably 50% of american made products are made on japanese machines.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 PM

Do your homework. Everyone wants to rave about their $2000 scope you would be hurt to have people know you were mislead. Just one forum of many. You have to look through posts. Almost all the ratings are 5 star, you will find the truth however. What a ripoff. They are realy making money off this. $50 scopes for $2000!!!! Just search for "NightForce made in China". Everyone be aware before you buy. There is nothing in this scope of importance made in America. They even fooled a guy on Opticsplanet so badly he insulted me and insisted that Nightforce told him it was American made. It is not. NightForce is an outsourcing company in the United States. Most of their scopes now are made in China. Most of the assembly and internals are also China or other low cost labor areas. I felt bad for b##shot. He really got the wool pulled over his eyes! Nightforce had the gull to take him on a tour of their new facility. He was told it was for Manufacture. It is for Chinese container inventory. Some of the early Nightforce stuff was outsourced to Japan those are good $300 scopes and are similar to the Nikons from Japan. No Chinese scope will ever be worth $2000 of my money. China can make a fake like no other country.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Silver Member

Not the most informed first post one could make

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
Do your homework. Everyone wants to rave about their $2000 scope you would be hurt to have people know you were mislead. Just one forum of many. You have to look through posts. Almost all the ratings are 5 star, you will find the truth however. What a ripoff. They are realy making money off this. $50 scopes for $2000!!!! Just search for "NightForce made in China". Everyone be aware before you buy. There is nothing in this scope of importance made in America. They even fooled a guy on Opticsplanet so badly he insulted me and insisted that Nightforce told him it was American made. It is not. NightForce is an outsourcing company in the United States. Most of their scopes now are made in China. Most of the assembly and internals are also China or other low cost labor areas. I felt bad for b##shot. He really got the wool pulled over his eyes! Nightforce had the gull to take him on a tour of their new facility. He was told it was for Manufacture. It is for Chinese container inventory. Some of the early Nightforce stuff was outsourced to Japan those are good $300 scopes and are similar to the Nikons from Japan. No Chinese scope will ever be worth $2000 of my money. China can make a fake like no other country.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Not the most informed first post one could make

Really? Do you believe everyone knows this or, have you told everyone already? If you think it is not correct information I have one I will gladly sell you for $2000. The post was for those looking for a REAL review.
Nice response. I'll bet your ton's of help.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 PM

Really RTK? Do you believe everyone knows this or, have you told everyone already? If you think it is not correct information I have one I will gladly sell you for $2000. The post was for those looking for a REAL review.
Nice response. I'll bet your ton's of help.
The thread is closed