Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Nightforce ballistics capable pocket PC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Silver Member

Nightforce ballistics capable pocket PC

Im wonderin if u guys know of a pocket pc that will run nightforce ballistics program, that wont break the bank i would really like to find out my options in this area, even though ill probably still have to just buy the PC software and lug my laptop around.:( any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx
Midget
__________________________________________________ ____
Lefty's are the normal ones in the shootin world

Last edited by Midgetsniper; 07-15-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetsniper View Post
Im wonderin if u guys know of a pocket pc that will run nightforce ballistics program, that wont break the bank i would really like to find out my options in this area, even though ill probably still have to just buy the PC software and lug my laptop around.:( any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx
Midget
__________________________________________________ ____
Lefty's are the normal ones in the shootin world
It does not take a very advanced pocket PC to run Exbal...I use a HP Ipaq and it works well. You can get an Ipaq from $185 to whatever you want to spend. The big difference is how much memory and how fast the machine is. I would (as usual it seems) buy the best you can afford. I use mine with a bluetooth GPS and it can double as a navigation system too.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

Thanx forester. anyone else? this is one of those big decisions for me cause im just a kid so my amount of money i have to work with isn't that much.:(So i would really appreciate it if i could get everyones input
Old 07-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Gold Member

Midget
Not trying to hijack this, (if I am just shoot me) but I have been looking on *bay at the Dell X30's. there are two versions one with a 312 processor and one with a 624. Will the 312 get the job done or do I need the 624?
Or should I just get off my ass and call Nightforce?
Dave
Old 07-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetsniper View Post
Thanx forester. anyone else? this is one of those big decisions for me cause im just a kid so my amount of money i have to work with isn't that much.:(So i would really appreciate it if i could get everyones input
Sent you a pm.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Silver Member

try looking at smart phones that run windows mobile. i know they are not really cheep but there are some out there that do well in dual service
Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Silver Member

NF makes the program for Palm as well. You can get cheap Palm pilots that work well or as I have done, a Palm cell phone