Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New Zealand Alpine Game Animals At Long Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Re: New Zealand Alpine Game Animals At Long Range

That was a great set of stories and really nice pictures.

Some very fine shooting by everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell did a chamois look like anyway????

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds just like a teenage boy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You are lucky they didn't shoot something and come dragging it back and ask if this is one.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
SPONSOR

Great story and amazing pics. Looks like you guys have got the LR game down in that STEEP country. Congrats on a great outing w/your family!!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 AM
SPONSOR

COngrats on some great hunting!!!! That is absolutely amazing country, i mean just awe inspiring!!!!!

Great shootin, great pics!!

thanks
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 02-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Silver Member

Tremendous!

I like that!
Old 02-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for posting the superb pictures and the account of your adventure. That was a wonderful story of a great hunting trip and splendid details of the equipment employed. Congratulations to you, your friends and family on their success and excellent shooting. Once again, thanks for sharing the details of the hunt and the picturesque scenery. It makes my dreams of someday hunting NZ ever more intense.

Dave
Old 02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

Cool story and great shooting! Please tell us more about the 7mm Fatso, this sounds like just the ticket.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you enjoyed the yarn!

Lovdasnow - suppressor works great on the big gun. Its got a muzzle break on the front end as well to reduce the rearward push so its real quiet and a pussy to shoot as well. The animals get confused as they don't hear the bang, only the bullet in the air, so they know somethings up but can't figure out which way to run!

Buffalobob - yea, you got it, the boys are such a hoot to hunt with, and starting to get bloody good at it too!

Supermag - I'll post up some more on the Fatso when I get a minute, its been a fun build so far!

Bung1 - ha ha very funny, as you know I'm in the process of building you a 6.5mm Fatso at the moment!!! Maybe that was just a little hurry up comment????? But seriously, I think it'll be a serious reach out and touch 'em smoke stick! Come on Richard with those 168gn ULD's!!!!!