Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

New Toy !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 05:35 PM

New Toy !

Woke up yesterday and decided to take a ride to a gun shop I haven't been to lately to check out their gun selection. Well as soon as I walked in and got to the rem's I saw a few Senderos sitting in the rack.

Got to looking at them and found a 300 RUM at a realy great price. As some of you know I was planning on building a new rig in 300 RUM and after some discussion with the shop owner I decided to take the gun home with me ! The gun was bought by a guy he shot it like 10 times didn't like the recoil and traded it back. Got it for $200 less than the cheapest price I got on a new one.

I figured since I'm just getting started out in the LR game this would be a good route to go for now. Like I said I was going to have a rig built but after watching point blank 2 and seeing what could be done with a sendaro after a few mods I decided to check into them and found I could save some cash ( to be used on more LR gear ) get a starter gun and have the action to use down the road for a custom rig.

1st thing I'm going to do is take it over to R.W.Hart and have a brake put on and have them work the trigger. Going to order a scope and bases this week as soon as I get the gun back start breaking it in ! Can't wait !

Good Shooting

Bill

Old 02-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: New Toy !

Sounds like you are off to a good start. How did ya like the shot made with the 270 WSM by that 10 year old girl in the vidio? I have a gun Just like the one in the Vidio except the brake was put on by another gun smith. I gotta get mine acurized yet though.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:21 PM

All I can say about that shot is AWESOME ! The whole video was just plain awesome. Loved it from start to finish. A friend of mine has the first one but I haven't had the chance to see that one yet.

I know one thing watching that video just gets me more pumped each time I watch it. A buddy of mine was over tonight and has never done any LRH of any kind and he was just blown away by how you could track the bullet in. I think it is a good video to educate the people who don't think it can be done!

I see you are from the Lock Haven area. I picked the sendaro up at Millers ( love that place )which you more than likely are familure with.

Good Shooting and good luck with the short mag.

Bill
Old 02-17-2003, 07:07 AM
Silver Member

Miller's [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Me [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] NOT me [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] OK it's presidents day and Like Good ol George I can't lie,(today that is) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I know the place well. If ya get a chance check out NATIONAL sporting goods in Jersey Shore. David runs the place he has a nice selection NOT as big as Millers BUT All I can say Is check the tags! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Butch Boyd and the crew are doing a ground hog vidio. I MAY have a shot in that one.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:21 PM

I am pretty new to this site, but I really like the information on it. What can you tell me about the video that you were mentioning and where can I get a copy?
Thanks, Billy
Old 02-22-2003, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

Billy,$40.00 + 4.95 shipping will get you both video's......Vol#1 has 11 kill shot's from 400 to 1150 yard's.Vol#2 has ten from 425 to 964 yard's.Vol#2 also contains much How-To footage..Go to the for sale section on this forum.Look for,Its here Point Blank From Long Range#2
Old 02-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member

Billinpa.I know that gun well.About bought it more than once.I live about 15 min from Phil's....I sent you an e-mail...................Jody,saw a ghog yesterday [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 02-23-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]